• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android keyboard

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
In a related sense, is there any way to make text bold or underlined or italics - e.g. in notepad apps, contacts info, etc, or any other app where you are entering text? You know, like in any normal typing environment (like here - see above "B", "I", "U")...
Sheeze!!! I can't believe no-one else in the universe would like this simple, basic, documentation capability. I've been googling, searching android forums, checking Play Store keyboards, etc. for hours, and have not seen one question or reference to it. Did I miss it?
thanks,
cheers,
jt

Upvote 0
In a related sense, is there any way to make text bold or underlined or italics - e.g. in notepad apps, contacts info, etc, or any other app where you are entering text? You know, like in any normal typing environment (like here - see above "B", "I", "U")...
Sheeze!!! I can't believe no-one else in the universe would like this simple, basic, documentation capability. I've been googling, searching android forums, checking Play Store keyboards, etc. for hours, and have not seen one question or reference to it. Did I miss it?
thanks,
cheers,
jt
It's a function of the notepad app you use. Doesn't matter what keyboard you use.

Upvote 0
OneNote has it.
Thanks again.
You're right - I missed it because the formatting capability isn't shown in OneNote's first few screen shots in Play Store (It does show up in a later screen shot), nor is it mentioned in the 'Read More' section. And when you bring up OneNote, the formatting bar doesn't show up unless you select the 'Home' menu!?! I guess they don't consider it significant enough to talk about it nor make it obvious or the default.
I wonder which other note apps might also have it (but buried....).
cheers, jt

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones