Android Keys Funtions Re-Arrange

Last Updated:

1. verbage

verbage New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello Android forums! I am a droid 1 user, and I have recently stumbled upon an unique scenario that appears the be the first of its kind, as google didn't prove me otherwise. Recently I have tried a Droid Pro setup at a verizon store and noticed the function keys were rearranged a bit differently than my classic droid 1 layout. The went like: menu, home, back search; versus the droid 1: back, menu, home and search. I loved the new layout, and was wondering if any rom allowed you to change the functions. Example. Have my home button do the back action, and have my back button do the menu action. Any help would be appreciated!

Specs:
    2.2 froyo
    Launcherpro
    Flashplayer installed

Thanks!!!!

Advertisement
  2. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

It could probably be done, but there doesn't seem to be much demand for it. Most of us have gotten very used to this setup. I for one can't stand the layout you're talking about, which Motorola has used on the D2, DX, and DPro, and I think this layout is much better. I like the back button being first because I use it most often, and I like the search all the way at the end because I never use it; the middle two are debatable I guess.

That being said, I'm not here to try to change your opinion. :D

It's possible, but I don't see it being done. You could always contact a dev and see if they know where the code is that implements these. Then you could download the latest CyanogenMod or Sapphire source (are any other ROMs open source?), make the necessary changes, and compile it for yourself.

verbage likes this.
  3. StrifeJester

StrifeJester Well-Known Member