1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Android kitkat 4.4 for Samsung Galaxy S2General

1. BR8808

BR8808 Member

Hello everybody, I have only one question.
    I hear that Android KitKat 4.4 will be available and for phones that have Ram 512 MB, now can my phone (samsung galaxy s2) updated to android 4.4?
    Thanks in advance and sorry for my english!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Psyckus

Psyckus Member

Hi, I've been running kitkat and it runs quite smoohtly on my s2, consumes a lot less resources and battery lasts a bit longer, however you will encounter with several issues since the startup.

I've solved pretty much every issue except for the clock which changes randomly overnight, as I stated on my thread.
    BR8808 likes this.
  3. BR8808

BR8808 Member

Thank you sir for your answer, then I will wait for official updates (if will come)
  4. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Hello BR8808!

I think it is only fair to point out that Android 4.4, KitKat, will not be released officially by Samsung for the the Galaxy S2. In fact, Samsung have not even released the year old Android 4.2.2 or the Android 4.3 for the S2.

What Psyckus failed to mention is that his phone is rooted and is probably running a third party custom ROM based on CyanogenMod, that sort of emulates KitKat in some functions but is not actually Android 4.4, KitKat. ;)
    BR8808 likes this.
  5. BR8808

BR8808 Member

Great answer from you Sir, thank you very much for your time and answer :)