• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps android layouts

pitso

Lurker
Jan 19, 2013
hello everybody. I am here today to ask if anybody knows a good way to use the layouts but it looks like that when you place a grid in the FrameLayout it will only do what the grid is so it will only go down or only go right. I want a different layout. Where I can customize my own app to develop for android app. Should't they make a xml way so you just drag and drop on the layout and put it where you want it to be because theres only 3 layouts that you are stuck with and that is not a good thing for new developers to start with. I hope eclipse sees this message and thinks about making a drag and drop layout so we can easy customize.

example: visual studio

i do not mind resizing making texts all that stuff just drag and drop in to a area thats all I ask or if you know any good videos on how to use layouts

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones