Android/LG n00b, how do I put music on my phone? PC Suite?Support

1. Phones4uStu

Phones4uStu Active Member

Hi guys,

I recently got a 2X and i'm a complete android noob, switched from an iphone 4 and loving it at the moment.

Just curious how I put music etc on my phone? is there an LG PC suite of some sort? the LG site is absolutely useless.

Advertisement
  2. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Two ways would be:

1) If using a Windows PC, share the folder with containing your music, install Estrong's File Explorer on the phone (free in Android Market), and search for your "share" under the file explorer's LAN tab. Then just copy/paste from the share to the phone.

2) Connect sd card to PC using microSD-USB adapter (or some combination), then copy/paste the files to the card.

There are other methods I'm sure, but ultimately, you want to simply be able to copy/paste.
  3. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Just plug the phone into a computer, you'll get a pop-up with enable USB storage on.

Tap it, then access via My Computer
  4. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Well-Known Member

Here's another way... grab anyone of these apps off of the market (may not have access to all of them, so I'm listing a few that I know of...)

1. MusicJunk
    2. GTunes
    3. MP3 Music Downloader

Then search for any song/artist you want, choose the song you want to download, and download it... it's easy and FREE!!! Yeah, get used to that. How much free music did you get through iTunes? lol

Here's a video...

YouTube - LG G2x downloading MP3's directly to phone...
  5. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

I love eStrongs for transferring files to the phone from the PC over wifi. And it connects to the PC easy. Either scan or enter the ip address and almost instant connection.