• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Live Scores

hey guys. i know ive asked this before...

is there any additional support coming for MLS?? As you probably already know, it is very limited in information and also does not give alerts.

I also would very much like to see the widget display my fav teams' next game alot sooner than the next game day. Perfect example is NFL. I dont wanna see the score of the last game allllll week long. It needs to display the upcoming game the day after the previous game.

If need be, show the previous score, where the 'Next Game' section is now.

Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into this. It is well on its way.

EDIT: Also, my vibrate feature doesn't work for alerts.

Upvote 0
As to MLS: nothing in the immediate future. We have some mockups for things to do, but the backend work for that isn't completed. It's pretty sweet though. Or at least the mockups are.

Working on the widget next game thing. I have to go through and see if I get enough data to make something intelligent out of it.

Anyone have this magical disappearing favorites bug Aaron mentioned a few posts up? We've gotten probably about 30+ reports of it, but can't reproduce it here.

is there any additional support coming for MLS?? As you probably already know, it is very limited in information and also does not give alerts.

I also would very much like to see the widget display my fav teams' next game alot sooner than the next game day. Perfect example is NFL. I dont wanna see the score of the last game allllll week long. It needs to display the upcoming game the day after the previous game.

Upvote 0
We don't allow you to modify anything at this point in time. If you have the app open on a scores or game page it's every 30 seconds. Notifications and widget update every 2/3 minutes (something like that).

Been trying out this app and have a question.

I have not seen a setting for frequency of updates.

I would prefer that updates only happen when I hit refresh as I expect to be using this app when I watch the Bears game. I try to watch my battery consumption and prefer to only pull data when asked.

Upvote 0
Alright, 2.0.3 is out in the market.

Inside the 2.0.3 update:
+ Integrated News Reader
+ Logos on Small Widget
+ Widgets will show upcoming football games sooner
+ MLB Playoff in Standings
+ Remembers which NCAA conference you were looking at for each sport

Thank you for your continued support, you guys rock!

awesome!! will try it out!

one question, with the widget, is it just football?? if so, is it just for now with the other sports coming soon?? because it is all sports that need the treatment.

Upvote 0
Awesome! you guys are truly great. and I like the news reader, and the playoffs series score in the game details.

If i may suggest a little tweak, It'd be nice to have the schedule of each series in that playoff tab. by no means am i complaining, but it kinda looks like a single game score when you're looking at it.

Also the other sports need conference standings, im sure its coming, but its my job to remind you.

One minor thing to NHL, can we get a scoring summary that looks like whats under the 'plays' tab but in the 'details' tab?? and shorten up the length of the list of recent plays. hahaha I think its at last 20, the last 5 plays will do. Put the rest in the 'plays' tab.

Upvote 0
We just kinda rushed the playoff thing so we had something. We'll have to do something better for nfl and the other sports. not sure what yet. we'll figure something out.

we'll write up an enhancement for the nhl plays you mentioned and hopefully get it in the next release.

Awesome! you guys are truly great. and I like the news reader, and the playoffs series score in the game details.

If i may suggest a little tweak, It'd be nice to have the schedule of each series in that playoff tab. by no means am i complaining, but it kinda looks like a single game score when you're looking at it.

Also the other sports need conference standings, im sure its coming, but its my job to remind you.

One minor thing to NHL, can we get a scoring summary that looks like whats under the 'plays' tab but in the 'details' tab?? and shorten up the length of the list of recent plays. hahaha I think its at last 20, the last 5 plays will do. Put the rest in the 'plays' tab.

Upvote 0
We know there's a lot of Canadians watching NHL, but you're probably not going to get this one anytime soon

Hi,

In NHL games, the picks contest does not show picks from Canada. It it something that will be added? if not it'll be verry nice. There is a lot of Canadian team in NHL.

I'll also be nice to see Canadian Football League in the Sport list.

Thanks,

Upvote 0
OK, cool! I know I'm being a pain but while I have your attention on this, can we get this for all major sports where it'd be useful? NFL included? As it stands now, to get scoring information we have to go through the 'Plays' and located the yellow highlighted plays.

Hopefully the layouts of whatever you'd develop would be very very similar what exactly under the NHL 'Plays' tab.

We just kinda rushed the playoff thing so we had something. We'll have to do something better for nfl and the other sports. not sure what yet. we'll figure something out.

we'll write up an enhancement for the nhl plays you mentioned and hopefully get it in the next release.

Upvote 0
Hey buddy! they actually already have it. Look in the MLB. It was just recently updated a week or two ago to include that. Unless you mean something different.

Not sure if this has been suggested or not. What I'd like to see is a series summary. For instance during the playoffs, it'd be nice to see who is leading the series. This will be good for hockey and NBA playoffs (if they ever have a season). Otherwise, it is a great app.

Upvote 0
Actually, I have been using "SPORTSTAP" (FREE) for years:
https://market.android.com/details?...1vYmkuc3BvcnRzdGFwLmFuZHJvaWQuc3BvcnRzdGFwIl0.

See the screen shots below from earlier this afternoon. You can set up team favorites with alerts for game/sport starting, scoring updates, etc. And they have a handy widget.

2mjq09.jpg

4lhcuv.jpg

t8uemp.jpg

2zxoz89.jpg

169hqqd.jpg

The Widget (at the top) can have more that one favorite team of yours, just click on it. And also, it will toggle past and future games and times.

I have enjoyed Sportstap and when I was looking at this thread I thought I would share. Always good to have choices. :)

Upvote 0
I beg to differ. SportsTap alerts absolutely suck if and WHEN they decide to work. Devs are completely unresponsive and don't give a crap about its users or the app itself.

I have watched the app grow up and develop over the years and the both the widget AND ALERTS have more options than sportstap EVER will. Not to mention the devs are extremely responsive, which is awesome to see. I HATE SPORTSTAP for the above reasons and will continue spreading word about their P.O.S service standards.

YAHOO SPORTS ALL THE WAY!

Actually, I have been using "SPORTSTAP" (FREE) for years:
https://market.android.com/details?...1vYmkuc3BvcnRzdGFwLmFuZHJvaWQuc3BvcnRzdGFwIl0.

See the screen shots below from earlier this afternoon. You can set up team favorites with alerts for game/sport starting, scoring updates, etc. And they have a handy widget.

The Widget (at the top) can have more that one favorite team of yours, just click on it. And also, it will toggle past and future games and times.

I have enjoyed Sportstap and when I was looking at this thread I thought I would share. Always good to have choices. :)

Reactions: aarontharris
Upvote 0
I beg to differ. SportsTap alerts absolutely suck if and WHEN they decide to work. Devs are completely unresponsive and don't give a crap about its users or the app itself.

I have watched the app grow up and develop over the years and the both the widget AND ALERTS have more options than sportstap EVER will. Not to mention the devs are extremely responsive, which is awesome to see. I HATE SPORTSTAP for the above reasons and will continue spreading word about their P.O.S service standards.

YAHOO SPORTS ALL THE WAY!

I have followed this thread since the beginning. I have one complaint. A very simple request to have different than default notification has still not been implemented after all this time. Even a way to change the sound for rooted users and nothing. I will probably be looking into other apps soon as I am revamping all of the apps on my phone right now and phasing put old apps and looking for better ones. I am sure there is a sports app that can do notifications with a different sound!!!!!

Upvote 0

Try scoremobile... It has every possible sport i can think of except rugby...

Upvote 0
Been trying out this app and have a question.

I have not seen a setting for frequency of updates.

I would prefer that updates only happen when I hit refresh as I expect to be using this app when I watch the Bears game. I try to watch my battery consumption and prefer to only pull data when asked.

Scoremobile can...

Also contains pointspreads that ive only seen be off of the vegas spreads once and it was only half a point...

Upvote 0
I have followed this thread since the beginning. I have one complaint. A very simple request to have different than default notification has still not been implemented after all this time. Even a way to change the sound for rooted users and nothing. I will probably be looking into other apps soon as I am revamping all of the apps on my phone right now and phasing put old apps and looking for better ones. I am sure there is a sports app that can do notifications with a different sound!!!!!

Sounds like a threat ;)

I can remember you asking for this since I started this thread. We haven't forgotten, there's actually a feature request in our system for this. But we haven't gotten to it because we've been busy bringing you all the other good stuff.

If you want to abandon sportacular over an alert sound, I have a feeling you'll be back after playing with the competition. I use the other sports apps all the time so that I can keep up with what they're doing. I'm really not a fan of the others and I think you'll come to the same conclusion.

Upvote 0
Sounds like a threat ;)

I can remember you asking for this since I started this thread. We haven't forgotten, there's actually a feature request in our system for this. But we haven't gotten to it because we've been busy bringing you all the other good stuff.

If you want to abandon sportacular over an alert sound, I have a feeling you'll be back after playing with the competition. I use the other sports apps all the time so that I can keep up with what they're doing. I'm really not a fan of the others and I think you'll come to the same conclusion.

While we're talking about other sports app. The only one that comes close to Sportacular is ScoreMobile. ScoreMobile offers just about every kind of stat you can think of. Where the only stats that I can see is MLB (and that looks a mess) and NBA (you can only see the stats on the 'Starting 5', also the NHL (I only see stats when you tap a players' picture who made that '3 Stars of the Game)They also offer coverage of a few leagues that aren't available on Sportacular. (*COUGH - MLS*) But J.Holmes already addressed that. They also offer text alerts, telling me who scored in the alert AND what the score is all in the notification pulldown without pressing it. But overall, Sportacular's design and layout favor my use, I'm all about the pretty stuff for some reason. Though, I do use ScoreMobile for stats and the playoff standings and playoff schedules for each series.

All we need are stats for all sports, scoring summaries in the 'Game Details' screen for all sports (SIMILAR TO WHAT SPORTSTAP HAS), and a revamp of the standings to include conference standings for playoff positioning purposes. And lastly, PUSH ALERTS :-D that was already addressed also.

Sportacular's Game Details is ALWAYS right on the dot with ScoreCenter from ESPN which is freaking awesome.

****BTW Aaron, I do have a bug.... my vibrate won't work. The option is checked and I've tried to uninstall and reinstall with no luck. :(

Upvote 0
I'm still here. The app is definitely the leader in the category, but still room for much improvement.

The notifications have been rock solid lately and that's usually the biggest area of complaint.

Personally, I'd still love to see a per sport notification icon so that if I have games in different sports going on at the same time, I'd see which one has the update prior to viewing the actualy update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones