• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android lollipop - Has anyone gotten the OTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So everyone who has lollipop on their nexus device has flashed the images,. No one has received the update automatically?

It takes weeks to roll out and, to be honest, there are probably few regular posters here who don't monkey around with their phones to enough of an extent that OTA probably won't happen. ;) :rolleyes:

There are probably way more people that leave their phones alone than don't, but they probably are just happily enjoying their phones and don't post much. :)

Upvote 0
Lollipop will be released starting 11/19 for sprint users available ota!

Attachments

• 1416158146388.jpg
    1416158146388.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 205
Upvote 0
Yeah I don't like to mess around with flashing roms and that type of stuff. I'd rather wait for the OTA and complain that it's not happening fast enough LOL

You can always download and flash just the OTA ;) it's basically the same as getting the update, but you don't have to wait for the lottery to call your number :)

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
It takes weeks to roll out and, to be honest, there are probably few regular posters here who don't monkey around with their phones to enough of an extent that OTA probably won't happen. ;) :rolleyes:

There are probably way more people that leave their phones alone than don't, but they probably are just happily enjoying their phones and don't post much. :)

No matter how may times I read this, it still sounds confusing as shit.

Upvote 0
This doesn't make sense. Google releases the updates, not Sprint. 11/19 is the nexus 6 release date, not lollipop for the n5. Lollipop was released on 11/12 by Google.

It was official on the 12th the percentage of devices getting it was very low! All that is saying that sprint devices should start receiving it on or after that date!

Upvote 0
Sprint doesn't control the update, but I imagine that was just Sprint's way of keeping the amount of calls it was receiving to its customer support lines low.

By the 19th a much larger percentage of users will be getting it, so customers going by the website info won't be spamming the update button and calling in when it doesn't work

Reactions: amarie82
Upvote 0
Sprint doesn't control the update, but I imagine that was just Sprint's way of keeping the amount of calls it was receiving to its customer support lines low.

By the 19th a much larger percentage of users will be getting it, so customers going by the website info won't be spamming the update button and calling in when it doesn't work

Thank you! I am sure they were and Yea I do know google sends the updates! I know some ppl are patiently waiting so I just wanted to post that so if anyone from Sprint was wondering on when they may receive the ota!

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones