• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Love

mynamestiki1

Sep 23, 2012
I have a Samsung Galaxy Proclaim (rooted) on Verizon's network. I love this thing. It simply does everything I need it to, and it does it well. I was thinking about buying a tablet but I feel like this phone saved me money because now I simply dont need one. I am so obsessed with this phone and I talk about it so much that my friends and co workers are sick of hearing about it. It is basically welded to my hand. I dont even play my xbox anymore. I LOVE this thing. I even wrote a review about it just for an excuse to use it.
Does anyone else practically live on their phone? What devices do you guys have and what do you use them for? Whats your favorite thing about them? Rooted or stock? What are your favorie apps? Lets have some love for Android!

I'm with you 100 percent dude. My device is literally glued to my hand. Right now rocking a rooted cm10 gnote. I would have to say that as a whole I'm absolutely in love with android and can't get enough of the OS or ecosystem. I'm constantly on some android Web forum or Site or watching for new game or app releases or performing some sort of mod. Fetish is definitely an accurate term for it I would say.

Upvote 0
They are AMAZING. I use mine for work as well as personal life. I take pictures of stock and send it to other employees as well as look it up online. I check emails from corporate as well as respond to them. I take memos, I use the calculator, download instruction manuals for electronics, and on business trips I now have a gps. Android just makes my life better. Even a cheap Droid is like something out of star wars.

Upvote 0
I use my One X a lot, mostly internet and apps but I do like the odd game of angry birds or something similar. I recently broke the screen so bought myself out of the contract but decided to get it fixed anyway. I'm just waiting for my country to get a variant of the Droid DNA or something similar and then I'm gonna take the leap and root this one to see what all the fuss is about.

When I broke the screen for a few days I was without a phone and it was really weird, I wouldn't say the phone makes my life better but it certainly makes it easier.. amazing how quickly we have come to rely on these little plastic boxes for everything, I can even do my weekly shop on it :D

Upvote 0
Nope thats not it. My droid is a :
Alarm clock
Document scanner
Lantern
Gaming device
Wifi Hotspot
Web browser/Email Device
Mass Storage Device
Camera
Mini Kindle
Cell Phone
Movie and tv media device
Computer mouse and keyboard
Gps navigation system
Voice recorder
Call recorder
PDF reader
Weather Tracker
Pocket watch
Inventory tracker for work
Data encryption device
Radio and mp3 player
And all that is just for now. Im still finding new stuff to do with it all the time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones