• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android ---> Mac OS

GeorgeinLA

Aug 24, 2010
I just spent several hours today getting my Droid 2 to connect via USB to my Mac computer at home. Downloading Double Twist on both the computer and the phone seems to do the trick. I did get that tip from Verizon customer service, but I find it hard to believe that I had to go through four or five reps to get someone to tell me how to do this, and that they had to explicit note that the application is third-party, so who knows if it works or not.

This seems to be a huge omission on the part of Google. Are they effectively ceding the entire market of people with Mac's at home to the IPhone? I would think connecting your phone and your home computer would be considered a "core" function of any mobile operating system, so why not build into Android the full capability to properly sync with Mac OS computers? It just seems downright weird to me, not to. My Android phone does everything else imaginable, but not that, without a third-part app?

Anyways, kudos to the folks at Double Twist. So far, so good with that program.

I never had a problem connecting my Incredible to both my iMac and MacBook Pro. As soon as I plug in the USB cord the internal storage and the SD card mount on the desktop. It's been this way since the day I purchased the Incredible. I don't use Double Twist though. I prefer the iSyncr and MixZing combo (although I read on this forum that iSyncr isn't compatible with iTunes 10 yet).

Reactions: GeorgeinLA
Upvote 0
I just spent several hours today getting my Droid 2 to connect via USB to my Mac computer at home. Downloading Double Twist on both the computer and the phone seems to do the trick. I did get that tip from Verizon customer service, but I find it hard to believe that I had to go through four or five reps to get someone to tell me how to do this, and that they had to explicit note that the application is third-party, so who knows if it works or not.

This seems to be a huge omission on the part of Google. Are they effectively ceding the entire market of people with Mac's at home to the IPhone? I would think connecting your phone and your home computer would be considered a "core" function of any mobile operating system, so why not build into Android the full capability to properly sync with Mac OS computers? It just seems downright weird to me, not to. My Android phone does everything else imaginable, but not that, without a third-part app?

Anyways, kudos to the folks at Double Twist. So far, so good with that program.

Umm, did you try turning on USB Debugging?

Menu > Settings > Applications > Development > Enable USB Debugging

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones