• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Malware and virus concerns

neutralise

Lurker
Oct 25, 2011
Hi everyone,

please excuse my naiveity, but I have a question regarding malware and viruses in android. I don't download many apps apart from well known apps like angrybirds but mainly use my phone for web broswing and checking email. Recently I accessed my hotmail account and opened an email with a dodgy link, probably a phishing link and accidentally I opened this link. Now I am wondering if my phone is infected with malware or a virus? If so what can I do to fix it? should I download an anti malware or antivirus app to scan my phone? I am not sure if the phishing link was designed to infect windows OS only or can it infect android and jump to windows if I connect my phone to my pc?

Hi everyone,

please excuse my naiveity, but I have a question regarding malware and viruses in android. I don't download many apps apart from well known apps like angrybirds but mainly use my phone for web broswing and checking email. Recently I accessed my hotmail account and opened an email with a dodgy link, probably a phishing link and accidentally I opened this link. Now I am wondering if my phone is infected with malware or a virus? If so what can I do to fix it? should I download an anti malware or antivirus app to scan my phone? I am not sure if the phishing link was designed to infect windows OS only or can it infect android and jump to windows if I connect my phone to my pc?
If you didn't volunteer any confidential information or download an Android app while you were there, you're safe. There's no way I know of to pick up Android malware just by visiting a link.

Reactions: aysiu
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones