Android Market disapeared from phone ???Support

Last Updated:

1. rhettduke

rhettduke Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, One day my Android Market Icon disappeared from the phone....have searched but cant seemed to find a way to get it back. Any suggestions ?

Many Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Skipdawg

Skipdawg Well-Known Member

Did it disappear from one of the home screens or from the apps list all together?

3. rhettduke

I'm looking under All Programs ...... don't see a thing :)

4. Skipdawg

Skipdawg Well-Known Member

I thought I saw a like post but can't find it, maybe they will see yours and pipe in.

5. rhettduke

Everything I find is for earlier version phones that didnt come with Android Market to begin with.

6. gidget

gidget Well-Known Member

did you try looking under menu>settings>applications>manage applications? search there and see if you can find it. i'm not sure why it would not show up in your apps menu. i guess i would try a battery pull. i did a quick google search and didn't find any more useful info. i don't think you can even download the market app apk anywhere. sorry.

edit: i guess i would also try hitting the plus button and trying to add an application, and seeing if it shows up there. i would just try any avenue on the phone to see if it's just not visible in one location for some reason. i'm puzzled by it disappearing from your phone, since i'm pretty sure you can't even uninstall it.

7. kangal3632

kangal3632 New Member

I just bought a new HTC Hero that has updated OTA to 2.1 and market was not visible in 1.5 nor is it visible in 2.1. Market updater is running in applications but I can find no way to get to the market apps. My phone was bought in Turkey but it is unlocked and I have a data account and can tether. Any ideas on how to get market to work - just want to get some games to play when I'm bored.

8. rhettduke

still cant find it after following all the suggestions....
    Do you think my next step would be contacting HTC or my carrier Verizon ?

9. kangal3632

kangal3632 New Member

I don't think that contacting HTC will help. Here is their answer to me:
    Thank you for contacting our Customer Support Center. With regards to your inquiry, We are working closely with Google and our other partners to ensure we have the earliest access to everything we need to provide a complete and solid Sense experience on Froyo. We expect to release all updates in the second half of this year but can't be more specific yet. For more support information, please go to our website at: HTC - Support
    or you can go to: HTC - Select Country
    , select your country and then click on the Support tab. Thank you once again for your continued patronage. Best regards,

10. rhettduke

I am hoping when the Froyo update comes down the line I will get the Market app back.