• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android Market error -101

slaenner

Lurker
Jan 27, 2012
Hi,

I have seen several post around this issue, but I have not seen any actual post directly related to Samsung Galaxy Nexus. The issue might be general but I am observing it on Samsung Galaxy Nexus running ICS.

The issue started several days ago when trying to update one of my apps. I noticed that it stayed in Downloading state forever, and it was not possible to stop it. Here's a list of things I've tried to resolve it:

- I tried rebooting and sure it dissapeared from downloading state at which point I manually started the update. A popup was generated saying that "App Name" could not be downloaded error -101. What does error -101 mean?

- Next I tried opening the application from manage application list and clearing cache and data for Android market. Still error -101 was reported.

- Next I tried removing my google account from the phone and the opened Market app. It requested me to sign in and a signed back in with the same google account. This causes the error message to change to "App Name" could not be downloaded due to an error. So now the error message changes? Why?

Now I am pretty much out of options but I am still not able to update my apps. What is going on here? Do anyone have any idea how to resolve this? Please help.

Note: Changing my google account is not an option, I have my whole life on the existing one :)

I am also getting this error - I have Galaxy Tab P1000 (Dec 2010), I thought this wa because I was usin g my tab when roaming - but now I'm back, it won't update any app or reload
my facebook...the full error message is:
"Facebook for Android" could not be downloaded due to an error. (-101)

This is the first problem Ive ever encoutered with my tab:thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones