1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Android Market error (authentication required)Support

Last Updated:

1. tuggy24g

tuggy24g Well-Known Member

Well I am at a dead end right now. I am not sure what to do at this point. When ever I go to access the android market on the tablet it tells me that I need to authentication require in order to access. I did delete my account and add it again. Still nothing. I tried going into gmail and fooling around in there. No go. Now my only option at the moment is to factory data reset and not what I want to do. Also this is not rooted or have any custom roms on it. Just all stock with a few apps on it. Thank you for your time

Brad

Advertisement
  2. redpanda

redpanda Well-Known Member

Before doing a factory reset, try clearing your data for the market app. Settings > applications > manage applications > All > market > clear data
    Nur, scienceleb, whbjr and 2 others like this.
  3. tuggy24g

Thanks for the info. Let me check before I do a full system flush and I will let you know
  4. tuggy24g

Still no go. Geez what do I do what do I do?
  5. redpanda

redpanda Well-Known Member

Just curious, can you log in to the web version of the market? https://market.android.com/

And if so, can you see your Xoom under devices when you go to install something?

Of course, you can't update apps through the web-based market, but that might provide a clue as to what exactly is broken.
  6. tuggy24g

Well I did a factory restore and fixed the problem. So now I have to start from scratch all over again ugg!! Anyway thanks for the help!
  7. TheDifference

TheDifference Member

Download Appbrain from market. I learnt the hard way with my HD2 and multiple rom installs. i hated having to find and dl all the apps everytime i flashed a new rom.
  8. CammieMac

CammieMac New Member

Clearing data and fc worked for me ty
  9. envision

envision New Member

mhdh likes this.
  10. tuggy24g

Thanks for the suggestion, but I already did a factory reset. I did not know about any proxy reset or anything of the nature. If it happens again (god hope not) then I will try your way.
  11. kosiara

kosiara New Member

I had the same issue -> It resolved after a while and turned out to be a GRPS connection error. I DIDN't even clear the market's cache.
  12. mohdshahid

mohdshahid New Member

android market mai authentification error show kar rha hai .what will i do