• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Market Featured List...Always the same?

I hate to compare it to apple, but let's face it, that's all it will ever be compared to. I have an itouch that I used religiously before I got my Eris a while back and as most of you probably know, the apple app store can keep you busy for hours. Every day there are new apps, but most importantly there are always a new list of their featured apps.

My question is...why for the last few months have we been starring at the same featured apps from android? These include Reality browser, personal assistant, hoccer, google goggles, wordpress, cnet scan and shop, ustream, usaa mobile, zagat, car locator, movies, handcent sms.

I could be totally wrong, but it just feels like I've seen these apps all to many times. Is it my phone? Also I wish there was a way to view top-downloaded apps for the day or week. I feel like any new android apps don't have the ability to reach popularity because there is not system for most popular downloads. When you sort through, they're all the same...facebook, myspace, backgrounds, yellow pages etc. etc. etc.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones