1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

android market filled with crap apps. filter useless crap apps out?

Last Updated:

1. Dorito

Dorito Banned This Topic's Starter

99.9% of the Android market apps are useless like stupid sound boards, low quality buggy apps made by noobs, many apps already come standard in 2.1 and the builtin apps in 2.1 are superior. Some apps have no logical use in any situation and they are there simply there because some noob could compile alittle code.

So how do we filter out all this junk? why cant there be a section with only quality approved apps. This is getting ridiculous IMO.

Advertisement
  2. Squiggy

Squiggy Well-Known Member

One man's junk is another man's treasure. Places like Appbrain and Androlib let you sort by category, so I'd just try and avoid the categories where those "undesirable" types of apps are typically found.

3. Jayziac

Jayziac Well-Known Member

Exactly, if there's an entity deciding what types of apps are quality and which ones aren't, pretty soon it'll stifle innovation. Let the freedom of markets work by submitting reviews & rate apps you like and don't like.

4. yakboy

yakboy Well-Known Member

Try appaware, I've been using it for a month or two now. The charts help to highlight the good stuff and skirt over the chaff.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

5. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

Both AppBrain and AppAware are great. Between the two I've discovered apps I would have never discovered before.

Sent from my Cliq XT using Tapatalk