Android Market/Google Checkout =>Authorization/Download issues

Last Updated:

1. hunangarden

hunangarden New Member This Topic's Starter

I get about 2 emails a day from users who are trying to buy my app on the Android market but cannot. Mostly due to some credit card authorization issue that they need to fix with checkout.google.com.

But this needs to change. User should be notified in the Android Market (We cannot process your order until you update your credit card information), or something like that. But instead they think the order went through (and in some cases it has, but credit card is not authorized, so app never downloads) and they think its a problem that I have control over (which is not the case, except I can cancel their order).

Here's a typical email:
    "Still waiting for it to be downloaded. Tried for about 3 hours yesterday an so far today for about an hour but nothing."

Or another:
    "I purchased your golf app for 99 cents 2 times last night and it is still downloading from 10pm until 7am. I would like some assistance or a refund of my money. I want the app. But its not downloading. Please let me know ifyou can help. Thanks."

Android Market/Google Checkout need an alternate process for handling credit card authorization issues.

Advertisement
  2. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

This happened to me only one time. I tried to buy raging thuner 2 i think but this problem occured. I dont know why but i will say that the listed price of the item was not in $ amount but sum other type of currency. I figured that might have been why

hunangarden likes this.
  3. hunangarden

hunangarden New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks Eazail70x7. I'm sure as a buyer, it only happens to people once or twice at most. Then they typically fix the issue with google checkout and it never happens again.

As a seller I've lost 120 sales because of this.

4. phxwest

phxwest New Member

5. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

They get an email notifying them of the problem, but it can take a while.

Most often it has nothing to do with Google checkout, but rather the credit card company. For some reason Visa often flags Google checkout as a potential phishing source.

6. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

Don't know whether this applies or not - I tried to buy an app using Ubuntu. I was also using Chrome. I got stuck in a loop. I clicked on purchase, a screen came up telling me to sign in again for account security, and had a link for a sign in page. The link didn't go to the sign in, it just kept looping back to the purchase page' then resign in for security. Simply would not put the purchase through.
    Said to hell with it and bought the app on the XP laptop using FF4. Didn't get that reconfirm account by signing in nonsense, either.

Z