• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android Market help please

Using a T-Mobile G1on Simple Mobile. I have switched my Access Point Name to the following:
Name: Simple
APN: simple
Proxy: 216.155.165.50
Port: 8080
Username: <not set>
Password: <not set>
Server: <not set>
MMSC: http://smpl.mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50
MMS Port: 8080
MMC: 310
MNC: 260
APN type: <Not set>

I am able to surf the web and open the Android Market but every download is unsuccessful. I noticed that when i click "Install" and the market shows what the app has access to, everything listed is in yellow.

Has anyone encountered this?
Anyone have a solution?

Can you download from any other connections? That would be the simple way to test the issue.
Have you tried removing your SD card and downloading only to the internal memory? I had an issue in which nothing would download to the SD card until I removed a file named smdl2tmp1.asec in the directory .android_secure - that could be the issue you're facing.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply. I guess I should mention that compared to you guys I'm a rookie at using/hacking/rooting (?) my phone and this is my first Android phone as well. I unmounted the SD card and tried to download again and got same results.

I looked but was unable to find a setting to specifically download to the internal memory. Should it do this by default or did I miss a step? How are you able to open files in the directory? Would i need a program on my PC for that?

Again any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
I am having the same problem. I'm new to the smartphone world and bought a used G1/HTC Dream that was already rooted to Cyanogen Mod 6.1.0-DS.

I am just discovering that Market has recently changed to Google Play. My phone did not automatically update itself, and I just found out that the G1/HTC Dream device is not supported to use with the new Google Play interface.

Go to the Google Play website for more info. Supported Devices - Google Play Help

Does anyone know if there is a different way to download apps? Am I S.O.L. because I have an older model?
:(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones