1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Android Market - Horrible Domino Effect

Last Updated:

1. tomwazza

tomwazza New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

Yesterday somebody hacked into my gmail account, so I had to change the password of my account. At first this stopped the gmail app from working on my HTC Hero (2.1), but after a couple of restarts it asked me for the new password and the app worked again (as you would expect).

However, it also affected the android market. At first I couldn't download anything, and I thought I may as well just do a factory reset so that it'll link my account to the market with the new password. This has sort of worked, I have started to download and install my old apps, but I can't update some of the pre-installed ones (such as maps, etc, etc) I just keep getting 'Download Unsuccessful'.

Getting really frustrated now and am really disappointed that Google has made something as simple as changing a password a real headache!

Any suggestions on how to get the market fully functioning again?

Thanks,

Tom.

Advertisement
  2. Reines

Reines Active Member

Why did you need to do a reset? When I changed my password the market just popped up telling me my password was wrong and asked for the new one :/

3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Make sure you have a pretty solid WiFi or 3G connection. Go to settings>applications>manage and clear the cache for the market app. Then try again. I don't believe an Unable to download error is password related.