1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Android Market - how do you add a comment and rating?

Last Updated:

1. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I really want to add comments and ratings to a number of applications in the free Market, but I can't see any way to do it. :confused: How are you meant to add a comment?

Maybe it's because I'm in Denmark, which should get/have gotten access to paid Market apps, but even so does not seem to offer paid apps yet. If that's the case, it's kinda dumb that you can't even comment on the free stuff. :eek:

So, how are you meant to add a comment? Either I'm doing it wrong, or I'm not able to -- I'd like to know which is the case.

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Click on Market Icon
    My Downloads
    then select one of your apps

at the very top of the listing of inforamation you will find "
    My Review --- you must rate the app in order to comment on it.

fd99601 and todoubled like this.
  3. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ah, it's in My Downloads -- well there ya go. Thanks, mate! [​IMG]

4. fd99601

fd99601 New Member

Can do it even at each app but yes it's more convenient to do it from MyDownloads

Didn't know we need to rate to see the add comment; so thnx for da double info!

5. bored369

bored369 New Member

Anyone know about rating apps on the honeycomb version of the market? The "my review" isn't in "my apps" section nor on the app details page.

6. littlecay

littlecay New Member

Make sure you are logged in to your account and select one of your installed apps. The usual description and details page comes up, but you will notice that the description frame has tabs at the top, including a reviews tab. When you are logged in, clicking on that tab, will give all of the reviews with the option to "write a review". I'm a bit of a newbie myself and starting out in Android with Honeycomb has had its disadvantages. Hope this helps.

7. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

While in the market, select the app to review. Where you see the stars, press it and a box should open with the 5 stars. Select the star rating and press done, I believe. Do the same to write a review.

8. dgarber13

dgarber13 New Member

I am using an Acer Ionia A500 tablet running honeycomb 3.1. I can't find how to rate and comment on an app in the market. Please help!

9. rhippler

rhippler Well-Known Member

Don't think you can. At least I can't on my zoom.

10. NuDroid77

NuDroid77 New Member

rhippler/jenny;

Have you not tried following justjimpc's instructions re: app rating requirement?

I couldn't figure it out either till just now, but have no issues anymore...you can submit rating while in the Android market app, or through app settings under "downloaded".

If u have tried this already, apologies for my ignorance, and can't help any further. Maybe something to do with ur Android OS or phone model?...

(Running OS 2.3 on HTC Incredible-S) :confused:

11. Jekisca

Jekisca New Member

Only way I have found to rate an app on honeycomb is through the web version of android market. The the app doesn't give you an option to rate. Android. Market. Com

12. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

If you use Firefox with Private Browsing, Adblock Plus, Tab Permissions and Noscript, you might not be able to post to Market. I've had to switch to Opera at times when I really wanted to comment.

13. diazjavier44

diazjavier44 New Member

Wait but when i do this I click done after I rated and commented and nothing happenens.
    What am i suppose to do after i put in the comment and click done??