Android Market issue?Support

Last Updated:

1. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer This Topic's Starter

Has anyone (besides myself) not been able to download or install items from the Market lately?

I'm using Fresh 3.2 w/ the stock kernel

Advertisement
  2. chanimal

chanimal New Member

I can't download from the Market either. I just got the OTA update for the FPS cap removal and i tried downloading FPS2D to check FPS and it just gets hung up on the "starting download" status on the download bar.:mad:

3. GirlGoneGeek

GirlGoneGeek Well-Known Member

I'm having issues with using the "back" button in the market. Yesterday I searched for "clocks" and then for "clock widgets" and in my search for widgets, every time I'd click "back" from an item description, it took me back to the top of the list of my FIRST search, not the search results I was currently using.

PITA.

4. nhuston

nhuston Member

Something is definitely going on with my phone after the update - I was thinking it might have something to do with the Market. Ever since I updated, the CPU has been going 80-95% (for hours now!) and the little circle/arrow "now updating" icon at the top has been on. I was thinking it might be the market getting stuck trying to check for updates?

5. zadillo

zadillo Well-Known Member

I've been having this problem off and on with the Market too - when it happens, items get stuck saying "Starting download..." if I'm trying to download something new or update. It happens on 3G, 4G and WiFi.

For what it's worth, sometimes I've been able to download without any problems, so this problem hasn't been universal the past few days.

Mainly joining the thread to see if anyone gets more information.

EDIT: And just to follow up, I just noticed it downloading - so it did eventually start - but the underlying problem definitely seems new to me, and the delay while it seems stuck "starting" the download is definitely very long.

6. Eris1981

Eris1981 Well-Known Member

I've been having problems as well, usually have to cancel it twice and the third time it will download and install.

7. Choronzonix

Choronzonix Well-Known Member

Same problem here - incredibly frustrating!

8. themrodc

themrodc New Member

I've been having the same problem, it also seems to be linked with google talk because anytime my downloads are stuck google talk will be signed out and has trouble signing in.

9. mted558

mted558 Well-Known Member

I've been having the same issue. If I restart the phone usually the download starts and it seems to run ok for a few days then it starts again, same thing-- stuck in download mode. This also happens with App Brain, it syncs then when I hit update it goes to next screen but never starts actually downloading. Anyone have any ideas what the problem is?

10. sleky

sleky Active Member

Same here. 100% stock, you'd think that would be stable... :( I haven't been able to install anything new or update now for a week-ish. Also noticing just typing on the keyboard is very very VERY sluggish. Very upsetting.

WiFi, 3g and 4g all broke. Rebooted, removed battery, blah. Other ideas? I'd hate do a factory wipe and lose everything only to have the issue remain......

11. mas90guru

mas90guru Well-Known Member