Android market issues.Support

Last Updated:

1. RED_

RED_ Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know a lot of people have been having trouble with the android market, particularly the force close thing but that's not the problem I am having.

The market just refuses to download anything. It might work every now and then but most of the time i go to download an app and it gets stuck trying to download, the bar that measures how much of the D/L is completed stays back and i get no notifications telling me a download is taking place. I then cancel the D/L and then restart the phone. Turn on the internet and all the apps will magically start downloading and installing. I basically have to attempt a download, watch it fail, restart the phone and then it works.

I don't think its a very common problem hence why i'm starting this thread, the market seems to be very buggy lately but I haven't seen a single post with similar problems.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Advertisement
  2. jake2

jake2 New Member

I think it may be related to your gmail/google talk account having errors with the Android Market app. I had similar problems and did this to fix it:

Navigate to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications

Select Gmail and then press the “Clear Data” button

Go to Gmail, you will be asked to sign in

After you have signed in try download an app in Android Market

Worked for me

3. RED_

RED_ Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Seems to have fixed the issue for me, gave it a few days, downloaded a few apps and nothing wrong so far. Although it didnt ask me to sign into gmail again it just loaded everything up like normal, taking a little longer but thats it. Anyway thanks mate!