Android Market....Maestro Card

Last Updated:

1. PCLSM

PCLSM Member This Topic's Starter

I would just like to voice my irritation in that i can not use my Maestro card in the Android Market.....its the only card i have so i cant buy anything! I wanna get a back up app so i can root my phone but i cant....

please feel free to correct me if i am wrong, however when i was setting up my google checkout account i checked the accepted card types and mine isnt supported!

P

Advertisement
  2. alinver

alinver Well-Known Member

They dropped the Maestro card at the back end of July last year. I don't know why it's more or less a Visa Electron card.

It seems very unfair to me, it's not as if it's a fly by night card. I had my old Maestro card for years.

Your only option is to find a sympathetic friend or relative to help you out.

Al

3. amnesia

amnesia Well-Known Member

My Maestro card has just been re-issued to me as a Mastercard Debit card. I can use it anywhere that accepts Mastercard (ie. pretty much everywhere) but won't get charged a fee as it's not a credit card.

4. PCLSM

PCLSM Member This Topic's Starter

OOOOOO nice, ill see what i can do, otherwise i think ill have to borrow someone elses card....

Thanks,

P