• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android Market missing after installing Froyo

harrimaki

Lurker
Oct 15, 2010
My problem is what the header says.
I just installed Froyo in Kies. Everything went smoothly and the phone seems to work like a charm after installation. The only thing weird but not bad was that all the applications were in different order.
BUT the first bad thing I noticed was that the Android Market application was gone! Is this normal? Can I get it back somehow?

To get the Marked app back, without doing a hard reset. You need a filemanager (like Estrongs or Astro)
Go to /system/app and install Vending.apk
It may force close the first time you run it, but after that its good to go!

Awesome idea... I've been searching for a way to fix the missing market app without doing a reset. I have the Linda File Manager app and I found the vending.apk file right where you said in /system/app. I tried installing it through the file manager, it gives the normal install warning then tries to install but gives an error saying "application not installed".

Any other ideas? I do NOT want to do a hard reset. :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones