Android Market missing after installing FroyoSupport

Last Updated:

1. harrimaki

harrimaki New Member This Topic's Starter

My problem is what the header says.
    I just installed Froyo in Kies. Everything went smoothly and the phone seems to work like a charm after installation. The only thing weird but not bad was that all the applications were in different order.
    BUT the first bad thing I noticed was that the Android Market application was gone! Is this normal? Can I get it back somehow?

Advertisement
  2. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

3. ironman666

ironman666 Well-Known Member

To get the Marked app back, without doing a hard reset. You need a filemanager (like Estrongs or Astro)
    Go to /system/app and install Vending.apk
    It may force close the first time you run it, but after that its good to go!

4. MonkeyJJ

MonkeyJJ New Member

Awesome idea... I've been searching for a way to fix the missing market app without doing a reset. I have the Linda File Manager app and I found the vending.apk file right where you said in /system/app. I tried installing it through the file manager, it gives the normal install warning then tries to install but gives an error saying "application not installed".

Any other ideas? I do NOT want to do a hard reset. :confused:

5. jostein@alinda.no

jostein@alinda.no New Member

Had same problem here. Used AppInstaller (which I found somewhere last week) - and installed /system/vending.apk.
    Market crashed first time, but now it runs gracefully.