• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Market Nationwide Outage- On Multiple Carriers

I am posting this to let everyone know, if they are having problems downloading apps from the market, it is because there has been a Nation-Wide Outage for the Android Market..

I've been troubleshooting my wifi on my phone throughout the day, and after talking with Verizon Tech Support, I ended up having to do a hard reset on my device to try to get wifi working right.. After doing so, I went to the Market to download a file manager, with no success.

I just got off the phone with a Verizon Associate, who I called to get tech support, and was informed that there has been a Nation-Wide outage for the Android Market.. Verizon has already contacted Google about it, and are awaiting a response.

I just posted this in the other thread but I'll post here too:

It is finding and downloading apps just fine. The only problem I have is that my "My Downloads" listed everything I previously had before my hard reset. After downloading the first app, now the list is blank and only contains that single app. I just have to search them individually and download them, which is much more inconvenient...

Upvote 0
Hmm, that's weird, I still cannot download anything at all from the market.. I can search, and find the apps, but cannot download them..

luckily I've been using AppManager to backup all of my apps I downloaded previously to my SD card, so I used HTC sync to install OI file manager, and I can continue setting up my phone without the market lol.

Upvote 0
I went with a friend today to get a new Eris. In the parking lot after getting it we started downloading a few apps. 2 hours later, they still said "staring download". We reset the unit (power off/on), pulled the battery, and even did a full restore (erase everything). No luck. Thinking it was the phone, we went back to the Verizon store, showed the support folks, and got them to give us yet another new phone (they hadn't heard anything about this outage). The new phone is doing the exact same thing. As of this moment (6:27EST), anything I attempt to download never gets past "Starting Download". WiFi over 3G doesn't seem to make a difference either.

Maybe it's the area? South of Washington DC...

Doc

Upvote 0
While I'm trying to help set up this new Eris, it hasn't yet download the 17 update. I remember seeing a thread talking about dialing #*# and a bunch of other stuff to force a download? Of course, I can't seem to find it now. Sorry to hijack, but can someone PM me the link to that thread if they can find it?

Thanks,
Doc

Upvote 0
While I'm trying to help set up this new Eris, it hasn't yet download the 17 update. I remember seeing a thread talking about dialing #*# and a bunch of other stuff to force a download? Of course, I can't seem to find it now. Sorry to hijack, but can someone PM me the link to that thread if they can find it?

Thanks,
Doc

Hmm... it seems like were having some data issues on all sectors here. Sounds like a Verizon/ Google issue. Hold off on that update for now.
What other data related issues are you guys having?

Upvote 0
I have rstarted my phone a couple of times... still no luck, It just shows "starting download" but never downloads.. Other data is working fine.. its just the android market (for some users appearantly)
I was simply letting everyone know what the Verizon Representative told me while I was on the phone with him..

In that case I'm going to rename this thread and move it to the "Verizon" forum.

Upvote 0
I did a factory reset today and i found that when I went to redownload stuff, everything was frozen in the "starting download" state. I thought it was related to my factory reset, not the market. I tried a few things and after turning logging out of gtalk, it worked fine. This is something noted under the market place help/support page by others with this problem.

Upvote 0
I did a factory reset today and i found that when I went to redownload stuff, everything was frozen in the "starting download" state. I thought it was related to my factory reset, not the market. I tried a few things and after turning logging out of gtalk, it worked fine. This is something noted under the market place help/support page by others with this problem.

Who is your carrier?
What phone do you have?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones