Android Market? Not working?

Last Updated:

1. bluemsw

bluemsw Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all, I was trying to check the market for any available updates and noticed that its not working. It will only show one app in the start up screen and when I go to the download folder it says it is empty. I just used the market earlier today and it worked fine anyone else having this problem?

Advertisement
  2. William T Riker

William T Riker Well-Known Member

Don't know if this is the same problem you are experiencing, but earlier today when I used the market with my wifi connection on and tried to open downloads the only apps that came up were gmail and sky map. I cleared cache and data for the market then but still they were the only apps to come up. Was probably about 20-30 minutes later I turned off wifi and tried again over 3G and all my apps were there, and its been fine since... might have been a problem on their end.

3. carassius

carassius Well-Known Member

^^This.

I had the same problem after loading BB v0.5. As Lt. Commander Riker stated the problem fixed immediately after:

(in case you don't know how to find)---settings > manage applications > all > scroll and select Market > I cleared data and cache and then force stop. Bingo

I didn't have to reset wifi as I wasn't connected to a network and wifi was off anyway.

Dubie220 likes this.
  4. Shadowtech

Shadowtech Well-Known Member

I don't know if it has been an issue with market itself, or something on our phones, but I have seen a few complaints about it here lately.

Anyway, I had this issue on my UD8 install, and clearing data/cache didn't help. I ran the fix permissions script in Rom Manager (and UD8 settings extras) and that seemed to fix it. If you're not rooted/ROM'd however, I don't think you can do a permissions fix. But then, if you are running an OTA install, that would just lead me more to believe it is the market itself having problems.

5. bluemsw

bluemsw Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the help. This worked perfect for me. I had installed bb v0.5 but the market had worked for a whole day on wifi and 3g but just stopped working. Thanks again for the help and the instructions.

6. rcaine

rcaine Well-Known Member

I had been having trouble downloading an update for Dropbox for about three days through the market. I just cleared data/cache and it updated for me. The rest of my updates have been working fine.