Android Market not working?Support

1. jporch316

jporch316 Well-Known Member

been trying to download and install a couple of apps last night and this afternoon but they are getting stuck on the "starting download screen"?

Is this an issue with my device or an android market issue - ive rebooted my phone, cancelled the downloads then restarted but they always get stuck on the "starting download" screen?

Any suggestions?

Advertisement
    :
  2. jporch316

jporch316 Well-Known Member

3. astromac

astromac New Member

lo all,
    right - I have a HTC desire running 2.1 - the Market app stop d/loading apps. I found that talk had failed and would not start, so I

1. made sure that talk was completely killed,
    2. did a soft reboot,
    3. started talk and made sure I was logged in
    4. restarted my Market d/load

and it worked.

Hope this helps
    :D
  4. ceisman

ceisman New Member

Android Market Stuck on Starting download fixed!!! Here is now it worked for me Edit

Ceisman
    Level 1
    1:11 PM
    Here is what I did to fix my android market. The market was stuck on Starting download since I purchased the device over a month ago.

FOLLOW THESE STEPS EXACTLY:
    1. Unmount and remove your microSD card.

2. Go to the factory reset. You will lose your data, but if you want your market to work this is how. You may want to back up data on your computer or SD card prior to removal.

3. Complete the Factory reset.DO NOT REINSTALL YOUR SD NOW

4. As soon as the device is restarted FIRST login to GOOGLE TALK, you may want to create a new email account, you can always add your old account to the email for the device later on. DO NOT REINSTALL YOUR SD NOW

5. After Google Talk has booted and is complete. Go back to home screen and start Market. Start off with a download that has a higher star rating so you know it has been successfully used by others.

6. Press the Download for that app/game...

7. This is successful only if you see an arrow pointing down on the top of you device screen.

8. ONLY After your download is complete can you reinstall your SD card. My Market will stop working when and SD Card is installed.

*****************You will NEED to unmount and remove the SD card and restart the device each time you use Market (but you will not have to factory reset it anymore) **********

Hope this helps this. This was the only thing I could do to make it work on my device, none of the other suggestions worked. I mixed and matched a few of the suggestions and YYYYEEEESSS now it works great
    mahall1988 likes this.
  5. ceisman

ceisman New Member

Android Market Stuck on Starting download fixed!!! Here is now it worked for me Edit

Ceisman
    Level 1
    1:11 PM
    Here is what I did to fix my android market. The market was stuck on Starting download since I purchased the device over a month ago.

FOLLOW THESE STEPS EXACTLY:
    1. Unmount and remove your microSD card.

2. Go to the factory reset. You will lose your data, but if you want your market to work this is how. You may want to back up data on your computer or SD card prior to removal.

3. Complete the Factory reset.DO NOT REINSTALL YOUR SD NOW

4. As soon as the device is restarted FIRST login to GOOGLE TALK, you may want to create a new email account, you can always add your old account to the email for the device later on. DO NOT REINSTALL YOUR SD NOW

5. After Google Talk has booted and is complete. Go back to home screen and start Market. Start off with a download that has a higher star rating so you know it has been successfully used by others.

6. Press the Download for that app/game...

7. This is successful only if you see an arrow pointing down on the top of you device screen.

8. ONLY After your download is complete can you reinstall your SD card. My Market will stop working when and SD Card is installed.

*****************You will NEED to unmount and remove the SD card and restart the device each time you use Market (but you will not have to factory reset it anymore) **********

Hope this helps this. This was the only thing I could do to make it work on my device, none of the other suggestions worked. I mixed and matched a few of the suggestions and YYYYEEEESSS now it works great

6. ts5611

ts5611 New Member

well, first of all i am in Australia and using Galaxy S which is GT-i9000 from SAMSUNG.
    this one does have other market which is Samsung Apps and downloading is working thorough it, but not google market..
    I think google should be doing something about this
  7. harbourscape

harbourscape New Member

If you are having this problem on Wifi but not on 3G and you have a firewall on your Wifi connection you need to open outbound traffic to Port 5228.

This has completely fixed the problem for me.

Hope it does for you too! :)
  8. zynthetic

zynthetic New Member

Whenever I press "just in" at the market and i try to scroll or press any of the game or apps suddenly the market force to be close....help meeee...what should I do...
  9. purendra

purendra New Member

can some one help me ..i am unable to use market , google talk and other app in htc tatto
  10. prettykitty

prettykitty New Member

Hi i have been having the exact same problem, i have turned wifi on and off have done a hard and soft reset and still not working, i can download from samsung apps but cannot from android market and i cant update any exisiting apps as well. it starts to download and then tells me download unsuccessful. :mad:
  11. steves353

steves353 New Member

As of December 2012 the HTC Tattoo has been removed from the Android Market place and no matter what you try to do with your phone you will not be able to update or install new applications unless you backed them up, or find another way of downloading the apk and then allowing your phone to install from 3rd party locations.

Check out the support at google for the android market place, sorry can't post the link in here as the forum wouldn't let me.

You will notice that the HTC Tattoo is no longer listed.

Looks like time to buy a new phone.