Android Market Problem - Starting Download - Samsung Galaxy SSupport

Last Updated:

1. rkaria19

rkaria19 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have a new SGS, and I have connected to my wifi, and the internet seems to be working fine. I can access the Market, and can select to download apps, but it stays on "starting download" and it has been happening for such a long time.

- I have turned the phone on and off.
    - I have restored factory settings.
    - I am on Google Talk.

I don't know what to do now. Can anybody help? Apologies if another thread has been made but the other threads look like it's on the HTC stuff.

I am not an expert when it comes to phones so if it could be explained with detail or easy terms, that would be great.

Advertisement
  2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Clear the market cache

Try cancelling the download and restarting it for a few times.

3. CptGemini

CptGemini Well-Known Member

I get that on my G1 too sometimes, I just cancel the download and start it again and it usually works. I keep the market cache cleared on my G1 at all times because its internal memory just sucks.

4. teddyearp

teddyearp Well-Known Member

This subject always comes up, no matter what Android phone one has. You can follow the reply as above, but in my experience, the market just seems to have it's own fickle schedule that we have to deal with.

good luck

5. rkaria19

rkaria19 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have restarted it many times, cleared the cache many times and then gone back to Market and it still does the same thing.

Starting download...

Getting annoying, I can't download a thing on Android Market.

6. beer-in-box

beer-in-box Well-Known Member

Try unmounting the external SD card. Somehow it worked for me.

7. Mahesh Kumar P

Mahesh Kumar P New Member

I have bought a pre-owned Galaxy S 19000
    But I'm unable to access android market.. It says the account does not have an android device associated with it...
    Please help me...

8. Ijaz Ahmed

Ijaz Ahmed Well-Known Member

You mean it was previously owned and used by someone else ?

I believe you added your own gmail account without a Factory Reset. Perform a full reset and then use your own gmail address, I hope this will solve your problem.

9. GenesisNemesis

GenesisNemesis Well-Known Member

This market problem is almost always the fault of the network, not the cache or the market itself.

I have posted this in a different thread, but, this has worked for me and other people I know who have the same problem.

Settings-wireless and network-mobile network-gsm only.

It seems that dropping connection with the market during download is the problem. However, when in gsm mode it does not stop the download! The download will take longer but this has been 100% sucessful for me and other users I know who have tried this.

10. Supragya

Supragya New Member

DEAR All,

i have for the first time faced an issue today related to a certain download from Android market...I downloaded an application, which reached 100% of its download n never appeared in applications menu of my Samsung Galaxy S Plus( I9001)

after a while it started redownloading itself. and has been happening ever since..every time i switch on the Internet pack on my mobile this download begins and disappears again and again...

further..i tried downloading another application, it over rode the app which was giving probs, but m not sure, if the former one will actually stop recurring..help

11. GenesisNemesis

GenesisNemesis Well-Known Member

settings-applications-manage applications-markrt-clear data.
    This should stop the retry of the download.

12. Labid

Labid New Member

Hi,
    My Samsung Galaxy S Plus GT i 9001 does not sound during incoming calls but if I restart the phone then it rings again but after a few hours it goes silent though the silent mode is set as enabled. Only restart solves the problem then again it is back. Please suggest what can i do. I have checked all the options but no remedy.

Please help