• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android Market Problem - Starting Download - Samsung Galaxy S

rkaria19

Lurker
Nov 23, 2010
I have a new SGS, and I have connected to my wifi, and the internet seems to be working fine. I can access the Market, and can select to download apps, but it stays on "starting download" and it has been happening for such a long time.

- I have turned the phone on and off.
- I have restored factory settings.
- I am on Google Talk.

I don't know what to do now. Can anybody help? Apologies if another thread has been made but the other threads look like it's on the HTC stuff.

I am not an expert when it comes to phones so if it could be explained with detail or easy terms, that would be great.

I have bought a pre-owned Galaxy S 19000
But I'm unable to access android market.. It says the account does not have an android device associated with it...
Please help me...
You mean it was previously owned and used by someone else ?

I believe you added your own gmail account without a Factory Reset. Perform a full reset and then use your own gmail address, I hope this will solve your problem.

Upvote 0
This market problem is almost always the fault of the network, not the cache or the market itself.

I have posted this in a different thread, but, this has worked for me and other people I know who have the same problem.

Settings-wireless and network-mobile network-gsm only.

It seems that dropping connection with the market during download is the problem. However, when in gsm mode it does not stop the download! The download will take longer but this has been 100% sucessful for me and other users I know who have tried this.

Upvote 0
DEAR All,

i have for the first time faced an issue today related to a certain download from Android market...I downloaded an application, which reached 100% of its download n never appeared in applications menu of my Samsung Galaxy S Plus( I9001)

after a while it started redownloading itself. and has been happening ever since..every time i switch on the Internet pack on my mobile this download begins and disappears again and again...

further..i tried downloading another application, it over rode the app which was giving probs, but m not sure, if the former one will actually stop recurring..help

Upvote 0
DEAR All,

i have for the first time faced an issue today related to a certain download from Android market...I downloaded an application, which reached 100% of its download n never appeared in applications menu of my Samsung Galaxy S Plus( I9001)

after a while it started redownloading itself. and has been happening ever since..every time i switch on the Internet pack on my mobile this download begins and disappears again and again...

further..i tried downloading another application, it over rode the app which was giving probs, but m not sure, if the former one will actually stop recurring..help

settings-applications-manage applications-markrt-clear data.
This should stop the retry of the download.

Upvote 0
Hi,
My Samsung Galaxy S Plus GT i 9001 does not sound during incoming calls but if I restart the phone then it rings again but after a few hours it goes silent though the silent mode is set as enabled. Only restart solves the problem then again it is back. Please suggest what can i do. I have checked all the options but no remedy.

Please help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones