Android market problemSupport

1. AndrijaG1

AndrijaG1 New Member

Hello. I have a bit of a problem. My x8 has the stock android market and it didnt update it to the new play store.. I got this phone last saturday... How can I update my market to the play store? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Josh-SonyXperia

Josh-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

It will update on its own. As I've seen so far it will update automatically without the need of you having to do anything but just simply using the phone.
  3. jfyi

jfyi New Member

My SE Xperia 8 also has usual android market instead of that play store. The problem is I cannot download or update any apps at the moment. Have no idea what to do. Please, help!
  4. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

Try this:

Main menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Menu Button > Filter > All > Market > Uninstall Updates > Open the Market Application.
  5. jfyi

jfyi New Member

Thanks! Ok, I've done that. Android Market looks slightly different but still cannot download or update apps. Is there any chance I turned off updates/automatic updates for my phone somewhere?
  6. Sam-SonyXperia

7. jfyi

jfyi New Member

Hooray, it really helped. I can download apps now. Still have no Play Market, but the old one works. Thank you a lot!
  8. Sam-SonyXperia

Don't worry, the Market will update itself to the Play Store.
  9. ikhwan nazri

ikhwan nazri New Member

Hi !
    I tried it.. but somehow when I try to download new apps, it wrote there my download was unsuccessfully. How can I solve this problem?
  10. djshepz

djshepz New Member

Hello there im having a problem on my xperia x8 and it wont update to the play store, its stuck on the factory version of the android market,

And it wont update any of my android apps but it will install new ones.

Ive tried downloading the play store online, but when I open the download it sais problem parsing the package.

I dont want to flash or custom the operating system

Or brick the phone.

Thanks in advance