Android Market Question

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by stixbc, Feb 19, 2009.

1. stixbc

stixbc New Member

Feb 19, 2009
    N. Cali
    This might be a dumb question. I was trying to see how many apps were on the "official" Android Market (www.android.com/market). From reading through various websites and articles I thought there were hundreds of apps. I count less than 50 and I see no area on that page to click to search for more, etc. Is this because I'm looking at the desktop version/website of the Android Market? Do G1 users see a different market entirely?? I do see other websites that list apps but I havent come across any sites that look as polished as the Apple App Store.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Skaterkid3783

Skaterkid3783 Member

Dec 28, 2008
    SchOOl
    yes i have the g1 and the market is nothing like the website...there r apps being developed everyday and it is progressing very fast...i would say there are more than 200 apps

3. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Android Scientists
    The Lab
    www.cyrket.com is a great place for non-users and users alike. It lets you browse the full market, including stars and recent comments.

4. james1971

james1971 Member

Nov 12, 2009
    hey guys, i also have a question regarding the market, im using the Samsung Moment. will doing a search within the market reveal other apps that normally wouldnt show up otherwise? i ask this because, i did a search for any kind apps that work well for craigslist and about 5 popped up, i dont recall seeing those when i was just browsing through the market.
    im still familiarizing myself on this smartphone technology, so sorry if its a noob question..
    thanks

5. dkaufman1

Oct 24, 2008
    Android Scientists
    The Lab
    With 10K+ apps and growing the lists you see when loading market are just that, top app lists. A search is much more powerful. Apple and Android both have this issue - how to best showcase good apps, new apps, popular apps, and more. They are all working on it. Good problem to have.

6. james1971

james1971 Member

Nov 12, 2009
    excellent,,, thanks for the reply

7. xraptorx

xraptorx Member

Sep 7, 2009
    I get a totally blank page wehn I look at cyrket.com. This happens in both IE and firefox. Any ideas??

8. dkaufman1

Oct 24, 2008
    Android Scientists
    The Lab
    Sadly this is has been this way for a while now. I think cyrket is dead/dormant.

I have begun using androlib.com, it has a lot a features and seems to work just fine.