Android Market Reinstall?

1. Modman

Modman Well-Known Member

Is there a way to reinstall android market from .apk on cm7?

I can no longer install anything from market or i get rebooted.

Or maybe just reflashing gapps?

Need assistance.

Advertisement
  2. lriv

lriv Well-Known Member

New Market v3.1.3
    Code:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/kyNUMuu_/comandroidvending-new.html?
    Old Market v1.1.7
    Code:
    http://www.fileserve.com/file/c2rcd5f
    Kuzco likes this.
  3. edgchacon

edgchacon Well-Known Member

Try clear cache and clear data in Settings for the Market app.
  4. Kuzco

Kuzco Well-Known Member

I had to clean my cache partition from CWM, that worked for me.
  5. Modman

Modman Well-Known Member

can you specify? clear cache cache cleaner. don't have. clean in. titanium?
  6. Modman

Modman Well-Known Member

oh boot boot into cwm and clean cache partition. gonna try when i get home.
  7. edgchacon

edgchacon Well-Known Member

I suggest you try

Settings-->Applications-->Manage Applications select All and look for Market

select it, then select Clear data and Clear Cache.

Then launch Market again and it will ask you to accept the EULA or whatever.

Try your purchase again....
  8. Modman

Modman Well-Known Member

Have done that more than once yesterday it kept boot looping me.

also uninstalled all market updates it downgraded the market but i still had the same problem.

In order to install the newer vending.apk I don't need to force uninstall with titanium?

No good just clearing cache on phone, started doing updates of everything. it installed marvel comics update then bootlooped again. didn't finish 3 other updates. Actually that failed too it still says it needs an update.

might try the cwm cache clear. that does wipe anything important? what about dalvik cache?

So weird because it acts and feels normal but right before finishing an app install it reboots me.
  9. Kuzco

Kuzco Well-Known Member

Just cache not dalvik. It shouldn't delete anything important.
  10. Modman

Modman Well-Known Member

this looks like a force wipe when i have time.

frustrating!:mad: reinstalling market useless too cause it reboots phone.

do feel like spending weekend reinstalling phone and apps but if i can't find a solution in a couple of weeks might have to wipe!!!
  11. lriv

lriv Well-Known Member

Are your OC'd on your CPU? if so... drop it down to the stock 600Mhz and then try installing something...
  12. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

dont hurt to reflash gapps and try again...
  13. wilbso1234

wilbso1234 Member

try flashing gapps again. if this dont work then see if doing a full wipe/factory reset:D
    Modman likes this.
  14. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

This happened to me once and I had to re flash. It doesn't take that long to do.

Did you back up your ROM after you got CM7 working? If you did, just restore your backup.
  15. Modman

Modman Well-Known Member

Problem is that backup prob corrupted. If I have reflash this time I will install all apps from market. Back up Rom first then restore backup. Didn't realize how much trouble a bad restore was. Even if gapps flash by itself fails. It prob won't brick me correct?
  16. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

there's no way to brick the ascend, i vouch for that.;)
  17. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

When it happened to me, I just went into CWM and did all the wipes/formats and flashed again, but I still used TB to restore my apps, and it's been fine ever since, so I don't know what caused the problem. Maybe just restore the apps without data. Even if it doesn't work it's worth a try before you go through downloading 50 apps from the market.

You can't really brick this phone. As long as you have access to a computer, you can always flash back to stock if it comes to that.
    Modman likes this.
  18. Modman

Modman Well-Known Member

only thing this time when I signed it to google apps it reinstalled almost everything for me. I installed everything from market. then restored only data for Angry birds. It got back all my saves. restoring angry birds rio plus data with Titanium backup is prime suspect for crashing market. because after restore it said successful but the app wasn't there. That's when everything went wrong. question whenever I do a backup in cwm will it overwrite my previous backup or will it make an additional image file? This time as soon as all apps were installed I made a backp. Afterwards I did restores.;)
  19. lriv

lriv Well-Known Member

cwm will create a folder named the date and time of the backup and then put the backup img files in there... so no... it will NOT overwrite it....

here is an example of the folder name after a backup...

2011-09-24.06.54.54
    Modman likes this.
  20. Noriyuke127

Noriyuke127 New Member

Thanks very much man, i spent like a good 2 hours looking around for this.