• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android Market reverted to old-style version post 2.2.2

jonmorris

Android Enthusiast
Apr 6, 2010
UK
www.whatmobile.net
Since doing the long-awaited DEFY update on the UK debranded model, I've found that I am stuck with the old-style Android Market (grey header).

Now I have updated two models now, and they both have changed so it's not just some weird bug. Clearly I should get an update at some point, but that hasn't happened and I am not sure what files I need to remove/clear (cache etc) as clearing the data/cache for Android Market itself does nothing but make you have to accept the T&Cs again.

I can't find anything on the net referring to this, yet it has happened on two handsets updated. Surely others have found this, or have they not noticed?!!

Any clues on how to update (without saying reset/clear the phone and start over!).

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones