Android Market - SamsungSupport

Last Updated:

1. Kitty488

Kitty488 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All,

Not sure if anyone can help me, I have just purchased a new Samsung Galaxy S and seem unable to download any applications. I noted some people saying about 2G and 3G but have NO idea where to find this in the phone????

Any assistance would be much appreciated!

Thanks
    K

Advertisement
  2. micstewart

micstewart Well-Known Member

1. setup a google account. You can do this on your phone (much quicker from a PC) Go to www.gmail.com and setup an email account... this is your google account from now on.

2. there is an icon on your galaxy s called Market (little white bag with a green robot on it). If you can't see it choose the 'application' icon which takes you into a screen that lists all applications and it will be in there.

The first time you try to download something from Market it will ask for your google account (if you set this up via a PC earlier then just pop the info in)

After you are in market, choose the app that you want and download.

Hope this helps.

Kitty488 likes this.
  3. Kitty488

Hi,

Many thanks, I have done all this, set up all G-mail which accesses fine, the G-talk all works fine as well. However as soon as I attempt to download an application from the market it say "Starting Download....." and nothing!

I have left it to it's own devices for over 12 hours with still not luck. I have tried switching on and off, checking the WiFi networks, fully enabling 3G, switching the flight mode on and off with no sucess.

There was me all happy with my shiney new phone and now can't use it's full potential!!

Samsung were NO help at all, I was on the phone for over an hour and they suggested sending the phone in for a service - it's brand new!!! 02 have suggested replacing the handset which, without any other advice I think I may have to do.

:confused::confused::confused:

Any solution to this would be MUCH MUCH appreciated!

Thanks,
    K

4. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Where did you create the google account? Did you create it on your phone? If so, do it again on a computer - at Gmail.

Kitty488 likes this.
  5. Kitty488

I did indeed, also someone has metioned connecting to my home WiFi only to down load apps? Will try both as soon as I get home.

Much appreicated!

6. Darkplek

Darkplek Well-Known Member

Yeah, snapper is right on the money there... I had the same problem, because I made my account on my phone and it was linked to a hotmail account as the main email. Once i made a new gmail account on my pc, and used it on the phone instead, I could download apps fine :)

7. Kitty488

Hi all,

Success!!

Although - a new one on me, not too sure how or why it worked but it has, Switch the phone off, removed the external memory card, switch back on, going into the market and download apps (and yes, they ALL downloaded!) once finished, switch off, re-insert memory card and switch back on.

It's all a mystery to me as I don't think the memory card has anything to do with the market place but I'm a happy chick as I can now use my phone fully!

Thanks all very much for assistance.
    K :)

8. adaidsphone

adaidsphone New Member

CAn you please tell how to create that google account, if you give me a video tutorial for that and some suggestions to use the applications of galaxy...

Thanks in advance !!!!

9. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

It's called www.gmail.com

10. shiva15

shiva15 Member

Hey ppl..Im planning to get either an Iphone4 or an Android. If Android im thinking either an Experia X10, Arc or Samsung Galaxy S..Can anyone recommend me which one i should get and why? Also the pros and cons of each phone..thanks so much