1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Android Market 'Server Unavailable'

Last Updated:

1. squashbuddy

squashbuddy New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone

My specs:
    Phone: HTC Hero
    Locale: Danish
    Carrier: Oister (3)

My problem: I've been having this problem every since I got this phone. When i try to access the market, just before I can accept the terms of service, I get this error message 'Server Unavailable please try again later'. However it should be mentioned that I also had trouble syncing my google account to my phone. I just had an error message saying it couldn't establish a reliable data connection. I found a work-around by logging into my YouTube account and then the sync worked fine (google contacts, gmail etc.) but not the market.

What I've been trying:
    - Hard reset a couple of times
    - Checking APN settings
    - Changing locale to english

Anyone know a solution to this?

Best regards,
    squashbuddy

Advertisement
  2. UnSmartphone

UnSmartphone Well-Known Member

i have issues with the market sometimes if im using wifi mode.. just a poke in the dark.

3. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Have you tried wifi or just 3g? It sounds like you arent getting a 3g signal, which would be a problem fro your carrier.

4. Rokcet Scientist

Rokcet Scientist Banned

Like the gents above I can sometimes not connect to the market when I'm on a WiFi connection, which works fine with any other application like browsing, mail, etc., but I can connect to the market over 3G of course.

Looks like the prob is on the market side. Not yours, buddy.

5. XBeast

XBeast New Member

We have been trying to connect to the appslib and get this same error with the Archos 5 and the 101. Been a problem all day. Assume something is wrong with their server and will wait to see if someone is in Sunday to solve it.

6. Rokcet Scientist

Rokcet Scientist Banned

On Sunday/Boxing Day? Yeah, right...
    Have you tried switching off WiFi and connecting over 3G?

7. squashbuddy

Thanks for all the replies

I have been trying both 3g and WiFi and I don't think it's a server problem since my dad can connect to the market from hos HTC Desire on our WiFi.

I think maybe the problem is that I didn't sync my google account at the initial setup and instead did the work-around.

8. TheDood

TheDood Member

I am having the exact same problem. i am a US carrier and have a htc hero. i get the same error message and have been having trouble with this for the past 3 days. I talked to sprint and they said that the error was being caused by Google's android server.

9. squashbuddy

It's just strange that a HTC Desire can connect to the market from the exact same network as I'm trying without any problems.

10. TheDood

TheDood Member

yah i dont know what to do, ive factory reset twice now and have tried everything to fix this. does anyone think i just have a faulty device? i can connect to the internet fine and everything else works... which is weird idk why i cant connect.