1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Android Market - strange behavior!

Last Updated:

1. ameinild

ameinild Member This Topic's Starter

Hi. My Android market does the following strange thing. One application (Titanium backup) has appearantly failed an update, because when I open market, this application is always on top under downloads saying "Installing". I've powered down the phone, but to no avail, no matter what, this application is "locked" in a state of Installing - which means I can't uninstall and re-install, and I can't update, because Market will not let me do anything else with this application than displaying "Installing" and nothing else happens.
    Can I get out this application lock on Market, or do I have to wait for the next firmware update? I Use SE X10.
    Regards, Artur

Advertisement
  2. toppskarven

toppskarven New Member

Got the same problem with Lookout security. No fix... Just seem to happen sometimes. Try to make sure you have 12+MB free on the internal memory, sometimes lack of memory freezes your downloads...

3. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Clear the Market cache. This has been discussed so many times and it is the only thing you can do.

4. ameinild

ameinild Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the answer. For the record, clearing the cache is not enough. You also have to Uninstall updates to the market, to revert to factory version. Only then is the stuck app gone, and market will update itself again...