• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Market Update Notifications on the Desire

D

Deleted User

Since getting HTC's unbranded 2.2 on my Desire I'm no longer getting notifications about apps that have been updated on the Market. The notifications option is set to "Notify when items are updated" and I've tried various combinations of disabling and enabling it and rebooting the phone and still I'm not getting notifications for updates. I always got notified when I had 2.1.

I've posted this a few times in the bugs thread, but it just gets lost in all the other talk, which is why I've started this thread.

Is anybody else having this problem?

Is anybody else having this problem?

Updates do appear on the notification bar since I got stock Froyo, however, very infrequently - I think the times when it does is when I have opened the market previously and left it on in the background for a bit.
But it has been very iffy and inconsistent since updating - I have found the notifications occur more when I'm on 3G than on any WiFi network, which seems strange.
(I have no task killers, I have also set it to notify me of updates, and I don't set apps to do automatic updates because I like to see the changes first and decide whether I want to stay ad-free or not (answer: stay ad-free) :D)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones