Android Market Update!

1. fielddb

fielddb Member

New android market update just came out for htc inspire 4g. Share your thoughts about what you like and dislike.

Advertisement
    John Redcorn likes this.
  2. John Redcorn

John Redcorn Well-Known Member

Does it update through market itself? or is it from att or htc updates? I'm not getting anything from those 3.

(I do know its available on forums as an apk for download, I'm not really interested in that)
  3. AvengerBB

AvengerBB Well-Known Member

It's not really true that it was released for the Inspire. It was released by google for all devices but they are rolling it out slowly. Some people have it and some don't.
  4. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Well-Known Member

The market on my phone just updated itself within the last 5 minutes.
  5. jeremy1701

jeremy1701 Well-Known Member

I've got it, too. One question... How do you see the newly released apps? Seems only the 'top' new show up.
  6. fielddb

fielddb Member

fist open the Market>Apps>Top New Paid/Free (swipe screens to the right)
  7. StandingCow

StandingCow Well-Known Member

Haven't gotten mine yet on ATT.
  8. slipmagt

slipmagt Well-Known Member

I had forced it to my phone like 2 weeks ago. Checked it out for a few days, and went back. I liked the AT&T recommended apps, and a few other things that changed. Unless they have fixed that since Ill stick with the old one.
  9. gnosisjunky

gnosisjunky Well-Known Member

Hate the way its laid out. But opinions are like you know what. It's ok but I miss the old one.
  10. fielddb

fielddb Member

It's their. You just have to scroll down a little bit. Go to apps and scroll and... it should be below the Editors Choice
  11. sc0pe92

sc0pe92 Member

So i still havnt got the new market yet. I live in Miami. Any ideas to why i havnt got it yet?
  12. grapeknutz

grapeknutz Member

I don't like it at all, its way too confusing the way its laid out.
  13. rmreid

rmreid Well-Known Member

14. SixtyDashOne

SixtyDashOne Well-Known Member

I hadn't used the marketplace in awhile, but happened to enter it yesterday and noticed I've got the update. I don't like it. The layout is too busy, imo.
  15. John Redcorn

John Redcorn Well-Known Member

I haven't got it yet, did the htc gb update and still don't have it. I'm kinda happy I don't after seeing it on a friend's phone and seeing screens on the web.
  16. stipe1965

stipe1965 New Member

My AT&T phone automatically updated to the new marketplace last week. I'm with most - didn't care much for the new layout. After doing a manual install of the GB update, it reverted back to the old marketplace. I ain't complaining....
  17. freddyej1

freddyej1 Member

How do you do this update, does it do it automatically ? I still haven't got it.
  18. gino3

gino3 New Member

I use to have the new update for the market & loved it. I really like the layout. Then a few days later I updated to the gingerbread system & it reverted back to the old market. How do I update it back? I tried opening the market then going to the home screen & waiting 5-10 min. Didn't work after several tries. Please help. I have a HTC Inspire 4G through AT&T.
  19. gino3

gino3 New Member

Nevermind. Found the link. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1166152