1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Android Market

Last Updated:

1. jamie75

jamie75 Member This Topic's Starter

my company said we are not allowed to download any apps....they say Verizon can tell them what was been downloaded. my question is since Android Market using your Google login, can they really see what has been downloaded? seems a little far fetched.....

Advertisement
  2. jamie75

anyone know this?

3. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Depends on how close you company is operating with the carrier, but I really dbt the carrier looks so closely at all data being transferred.

IMO regardless of whether it can be tracked or not I would not install unauthorized apps on a company phone.

4. jamie75

I agree. It just peaked my curiosity and sounded a little like BS. I am a home user also I didn't know of that option on the billing. I know they can block the Android Market completely.

5. Menddles

Menddles Guest

Oh I feel for you. That's really crap giving you a phone and not being able to use one of the phone's main feature.

6. jamie75

that is what i was laughing about. not sure how much trouble i can get into wth the flashlight App :)

7. jamie75

Answer from VZW

Thank you for contacting our Verizon Wireless website. We are happy to assist you with your question.

You can view what applications have been downloaded from the Android Market by logging into the Android Market via the handset. Android handsets are not limited to downloading applications from the Android Market, so applications that are downloaded from the Internet will not appear in the Android Market's list of downloaded applications. As a result, there is no way to truly monitor what has been downloaded or installed without actually reviewing the applications installed on the handset itself.