• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android Marketplace problem

i got my Tattoo for christmas, haven't been able to download anything from the market since...

just says 'starting download' indefinitely.

HTC haven't been able to solve the problem, Orange refuse to as they 'don't support 3rd party apps' and haven't been able to get any help of google either.

Tried ~10 factory resets, used many many different settings etc.

so my advice is get another phone...

Upvote 0
I had the same issue since Google gave the option to switch from *@googlemail.com to *@gmail.com.

To fix I reset the phone:

1. With the phone turned off, press and hold the HOME and BACK buttons, and then briefly press the END CALL/POWER button.
2. Press the ENTER button to begin the reset process.
(got that from: HTC Tattoo Hard reset - Soft reset)

This will remove everything; contacts, messages, photos not stored on memory card etc. So make sure you have a backup etc.

Once reset sign in with your google email but use @gmail.com (not googlemail.com).

To check I think I opened Google Talk first, this confirmed the address was working; then open Gmail too. If both are ok you should have no problems with the Market Place.

Upvote 0
have the same problem, exactly, but with the twitter app or indeed trying to access twitter via the browser on my Dell Streak.

Works fine via HSDPA and when I use the wifi in the office. Can only conclude it's something weird with my home router and blocked ports. My home router is a 2-wire one. don't have the model handy.

Does it work when you don't use wifi or use someone else's wifi ?

Upvote 0
I have been having the same problem for 2 weeks. I can not download anything. I have tried all the suggestion on the android marketplace boards (seems like this is a very common problem, hundreds of posts of people having this problem). Google offers no support at all for the Marketplace :mad: So I have a 1 month old phone that I cannot use to it's full potential. I do not know what to do.
I should have stuck to my I phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones