Android Marketplace problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. raoul2010

raoul2010 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Folks,

I just bought myself an HTC Tattoo, but I am unable to download anything from Android Marketplace, heck even GTALK doesnt work.

I have tried accessing through my WIFI and my phones GPRS with no luck

Somebody please help?

Thanks

Raoul

Advertisement
  2. sunny316

sunny316 Active Member

Are you even able to access the net via a browser?

3. raoul2010

yes, I can access the twitter app, I can access Gmail through the preinstalled app, this problem is only arising when I am trying to download anything from the Market place or try to login into GTALK via the pre-installed app!

4. sunny316

sunny316 Active Member

OK, any error messages? Or it simply hangs? Please describe in a bit more detail.

5. raoul2010

it says "Unable to connect to server" thats it!

6. ALIHISGREAT

ALIHISGREAT Well-Known Member

i got my Tattoo for christmas, haven't been able to download anything from the market since...

just says 'starting download' indefinitely.

HTC haven't been able to solve the problem, Orange refuse to as they 'don't support 3rd party apps' and haven't been able to get any help of google either.

Tried ~10 factory resets, used many many different settings etc.

so my advice is get another phone...

7. Zeplin

Zeplin New Member

i would check your actual router/network settings, seems funny some apps work and some don't, got my tattoo today and had no problems....

8. pevans_om

pevans_om Active Member

Check your network APN settings. The default settings for my network included a proxy. With the proxy setting enabled I was unable to access a lot of stuff. I removed the proxy setting and all was solved.

9. tattoo-no_orange

tattoo-no_orange Member

I had the same issue since Google gave the option to switch from *@googlemail.com to *@gmail.com.

To fix I reset the phone:

1. With the phone turned off, press and hold the HOME and BACK buttons, and then briefly press the END CALL/POWER button.
    2. Press the ENTER button to begin the reset process.
    (got that from: HTC Tattoo Hard reset - Soft reset)

This will remove everything; contacts, messages, photos not stored on memory card etc. So make sure you have a backup etc.

Once reset sign in with your google email but use @gmail.com (not googlemail.com).

To check I think I opened Google Talk first, this confirmed the address was working; then open Gmail too. If both are ok you should have no problems with the Market Place.

10. HighlandMX5

HighlandMX5 New Member

have the same problem, exactly, but with the twitter app or indeed trying to access twitter via the browser on my Dell Streak.

Works fine via HSDPA and when I use the wifi in the office. Can only conclude it's something weird with my home router and blocked ports. My home router is a 2-wire one. don't have the model handy.

Does it work when you don't use wifi or use someone else's wifi ?

11. atelesco

atelesco Member

I have been having the same problem for 2 weeks. I can not download anything. I have tried all the suggestion on the android marketplace boards (seems like this is a very common problem, hundreds of posts of people having this problem). Google offers no support at all for the Marketplace :mad: So I have a 1 month old phone that I cannot use to it's full potential. I do not know what to do.
    I should have stuck to my I phone.

12. jitin_s

jitin_s Member

Ok for everyone having this problem, do this:
    - backup your data
    - factory reset your tattoo
    - on first boot when it asks for google account, login into your google account. IF YOU DONT SET A GOOGLE ACCOUNT AT THIS POINT, MARKET WILL NEVER WORK! make sure you have wifi access when doing so