1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Android Marketplace

Last Updated:

1. ebc1973

ebc1973 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Please forgive me if this issue has been brought up. I did a search first, but could find nothing on it. But anyhow, for the last week and a half or so, I have found that when selecting an app to download in the Marketplace, it sometimes can take upwards of an hour for the download to start. Most of the time it is around 15 minutes or so, but three or four times it literally has taken 1+ hours to start. I am also noticing a lot of unsuccessful downloads as well. I did a factory reset on my EVO (not just because of this, but for other issues as well) and found that did not solve the problem. It happens if I am using 3G as well as Wi Fi. Has anyone else experienced this? Up until this started, I had flawless downloads and installs. It would start immediately.

Advertisement
  2. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

I had the same problem, but I thought it was just a quirk in one of the CM6 Nightly builds. The Market started working for me last night right after I loaded the new Nightly build. Still not sure if it was the Market or the ROM.

ebc1973 likes this.
  3. RyanB

RyanB Guest

OP: Do you have any task killers? Sometimes I wonder if they inadvertently monkey with the OS in ways they shouldn't. If you have any, try ditching them. Also, have you cleared the Market data? If not, go to the home screen and enter your settings, applications, manage applications, and then the tab for "all". Scroll down to the market and clear the data. You may have to log in, but it's a good thing if that's the case as it's like getting a fresh start from it. It may "forget" that it was having a problem to begin with. You could also download the app "listables", email yourself a list of your apps, then delete them and test the market with nothing on your phone (I have a feeling that, after you did a factory reset, you logged back in with your google account and all your apps were sent back to your phone. Am I correct in this assertion? If so, if you have an "offending app", it's still on your phone).

ebc1973 likes this.
  4. ebc1973

ebc1973 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the suggestions. It must have been something with the market, because today I have had no issues whatsoever. After I tried your suggestion, the problem still persisted. But it is good information to have in the future if something else occurs. Thanks again.