• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android Media Player issues

kindakooky

Aug 19, 2011
UK
I was just watching a program using the Demand 5 app tonight and it's all running nice and smoothly until halfway through it suddenly just starts buffering and then totally freezes up on me. I can't even exit the app without locking/unlocking my tablet and when I go back to the program I'm trying to watch it just starts buffering again, then finally an error message appears saying, "Sorry, Android Media Player has encountered a problem playing your video." I have tried reinstalling the Demand 5 app and restarting my tablet but it makes no difference. Now I'm also getting a similar message when I try to play videos on the YouTube app. Anyone know how to fix this please?! I'm using a Nexus 7 running Lollipop 5.1.1.

You could try clearing cache in recovery.
Funnily enough I finally managed to get demand 5 onto my "unsupported" phone tonight and realised it works without wifi... I thought I'd read it relies on wifi?
(sorry for the off topic chat btw)
Have you factory reset your tab since the update btw?
I just reset my OnePlus One tonight after a few bugs and it was far less painful than I expected. Took about an hour to get it back to normal :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones