Android media player. You use what?

1. Genyc07

Genyc07 Well-Known Member

It seems as tho no one has asked this in awhile sooooo here goes. What do u use and why. I will start by saying I just bought a Casio c177 commando w 64gb sd card. I plan on storing mostly movies and music as I travel a ton. I would like to know what works best for you.

I have most of my media on my PC so if it would sync w that awesome if I can run it on my PC better so the tags match and such that would be great. I have i pads and pods in the house so again if everything would work together even better although i know the world doesnt play that way. I use Bluetooth for music not that I think it matters but I figured IDE toss that out.

But what do you use I would like to hear about free and pay apps but please note the cost. There are so many out there I just really don't want to do this twice. Or pay for the wrong thing. No regrets I hope

Advertisement
  2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

I use the stock Music Player. From doing research on this site it looks like Poweramp has a lot of users. Poweramp is a paid program that costs $3.99 US.
    Genyc07 likes this.
  3. gingersnapgirl

gingersnapgirl Well-Known Member Contributor

DoubleTwist - I think it's $9.99 to unlock all of the features, but it's totally worth it to me.
  4. dontpanicbobby

MX Player for videos. It costs $5.70 for the Pro version. It plays everything video.
    Genyc07 likes this.
  5. dan44762000

dan44762000 Well-Known Member

Poweramp Pro , i use and its by far the best app on my phone . one example is i used it yesterday to download all the album art for my entire frank zappa collection . every single album released and it found every single album art with not one single mistake .

but it does so much more . try the trial .
    Genyc07 likes this.
  6. Genyc07

So why is that what does it do for you? Do you use that program on your pc also. I guess I care more about why it's perfect for you. Thanks for checking in tho?
  7. Genyc07

Can't really ask more from a video player than to have it play everything. Does it handle music as well?
  8. gingersnapgirl

gingersnapgirl Well-Known Member Contributor

I use the app on my pc and android phone. I like how simple it is, it imports itunes playlists (prior to getting my S3, I had the iPhone 4 and the 3G before that). It has good podcast support (both playback and subscriptions), streaming radio, works flawlessly with my bluetooth (and wired) headset, its interface looks nice and is easy to use. You can sync via usb cable, or via wifi. You can view your music by artist, song, genre, album or playlist. It also plays videos.

I've tried a few players (stock, N7, fusion, and now this one) - all had their advantages, but this is the only one that did it all for me. Normally, I would have a problem paying so much for a phone app, but I happily paid for this one after trying the free version.
  9. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! VIP Member

Dice Player for video and either zPlayer or N7 Player for Music.

Dice was free and plays any video type I've tried. zPlayer and N7 weren't more than a couple of quid each.
  10. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

I use the stock music player on phone/tablet and MX Player for videos on both devices. I like how MX play just about all video codecs!
  11. dontpanicbobby

Nope just videos. I don't know about Real Media files though. It's been so long since I've tried or even seen real media files I haven't tested any.

Back to why I like MX Player. It's very easy to use.
  12. Genyc07

well now i have a few to check out and sort through thanks ill let you know which i go with and why. but this is a great start for now instead of the thousands to sort through in the store.
  13. jjrx3

jjrx3 Well-Known Member

i use player pro. it has good EQ and it plays videos on the same app.
  14. dewgills

dewgills New Member

I am having a ton of problems with Player Pro all of a sudden. I loved it up until a week or so ago. Not sure what I am going to do about it, but maybe see if DoubleTwist may work better.
  15. Jacksmyname

Jacksmyname Well-Known Member

Using BSPlayer here on a Galaxy Tab 10.1.
    Works great for both video and music.
    There's a free, ad supported version you can try. I used it for several months and then bought it. Paid version has the ability to increase pre-amp volume, which is why I bought it.
    Has two modes, local for files on your device, and LAN for files on your PC.
    I use it every day, mostly for movies on my computer. Works without issues.
  16. mohit9206

mohit9206 Well-Known Member

mx player is the best. plays all video codecs and has a lot of customization options
  17. Dazg300

Dazg300 Active Member

Another vote for MX Player,the free version does everything I want in a video player
    findjul likes this.
  18. puchodog1977

puchodog1977 Active Member

Player pro paid version gas lock screen widget. Gestures and clean interface. Worth it!!!! uploadfromtaptalk1361028132402.jpg
  19. Adauth

Adauth Well-Known Member

For music? PowerAmp. Period.
  20. Genyc07

Ok trying out the player pro tonight
  21. I use MixZing.It has the awesome interface and playing effects.
  22. Davdi

Davdi Well-Known Member Contributor

Winamp Pro, been using the desktop version for years. it plays MP3/WMA has 10 band EQ, has integrated Shoutcast radio and selected free album streaming. What's not to like?
  23. ozbrit

ozbrit New Member

I bought winamp pro and like it a lot, I use it with an android TV media player and play flac files loaded on a thumb drive, I also charge the phone via another USB port, when I disconnect the phone, winamp throws up a message telling me the SD Card has disconnected wtf - There is no SD card installed. Nothing shifts the message other than a system reboot. I now use jet audio basic, tiny ads which you can move to wherever you want on the screen. Very customisable, fade in fade out and for how long. seamless playback for live albums and tracks that naturally merge, great looking to. Try it, you get the pro features in the basic version.
  24. Genyc07

ive Been using winamp mostly and honestly i think it sucks the syncing is a pain it i'snt really working out so i am still on the hunt for a program i can use on my desktop and android evo 4g. i am using the android as a media player movies and audio just looking for the best i can use on both for easy accurate syncing
  25. badblue1

badblue1 * TRUCKS ARE BEAUTIFUL * VIP Member

MXplayer for video ... plays anything i throw at it.
    Genyc07 likes this.