Android Movie Store like Itunes?

Last Updated:

1. frenzy757

frenzy757 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Here is the deal: I am looking to sync up all of my devices (go android for phone and tablet, or apple for phone and tablet).

The thing I like most about the apple stuff is the Itunes movie/book store.

Basically I can buy movies and put them on my tablet/pc/iphone (with the future cloud streaming) from the Itunes store...Granted the stupid Ipad doesnt have a way to do TV out so I heard.

I want to stick with Android since I like the OS and I like the open nature of the software. However, there is no one place that I can go to get all my Media like the Itunes store. This is especially true for Movies/TV shows. It would be nice to have all of my movies on either a cloud or on my tablet so that when I travel, I can watch them or link them to a TV.

I know right now I can rip my DVDs to MP4 format, but I like just downloading a movie when I want to. I dont want to have to go to 5 different places to find what I wanted to see.

Basically does anyone know if Google is planning on making some sort of integrated market that has TVshows/Movies/Movie Rentals/Ebooks?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Mr_N1ce

Mr_N1ce Well-Known Member

3. frenzy757

Yea but you tube does not have full movies or tv shows its all crap posted by people....and whilee I think a lot of youtube vids are cool, I wouldn't buy any...

Are they going to load high quality movies and tv shows onto you tube?

4. Ruben

Ruben Well-Known Member

I'm going to be contacting Amazon about if they will ever start something like this. It probably won't do much, but I won't lose anything. I was considering starting a petition for a split second, but then thought: what would that do?

5. JediJesus

JediJesus Well-Known Member

+1 for Amazon. I buy all of my songs and books off of amazon. If they could make a itunes like app it would do wonders for android.

6. gmermel

gmermel Well-Known Member

They already have "video on demand" but that is a streaming service for PC/s and set-top boxes. Hopefully they'll make it phone/smart phone capable because this is a big problem for me as well. Right now I have to take an itouch with my phone if I want to watch a movie....BTW no, the iphone isn't available in my market.

7. frenzy757

Any idea about the E-book store? Or do I have to get them somewhere else and then import that to my android device?

8. macprv

macprv Well-Known Member

i bought dvdcatalyst from Tools4Movies, Official home of DVD Catalyst ... it has preset setting for the nexus one and other android phones!

... i cant wait till the mini 5 comes out with the amazon integration, then we will be able to download movies and books (according to the rumors)

9. Roman G.

Roman G. No-Posting Probation