1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

android music management on evo 4gTips

1. mattyd22

mattyd22 New Member

Does anyone know if there is a way to set the music app in the evo 4g so it will not play every mp3 it finds(i don't like listening to my ring tones) or an app that you can download so you can set it to one folder for your music, and so it doesn't search the whole sd for music?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

Welcome Matty D!
    You should set up some .nomedia files/folders and any media you specify will be excluded from your stock music player/picture gallery app.

(see for reference)
    http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-tip...-dont-want-showing-up-stock-music-player.html

OR

You could go out on a limb and try a different music player altogether. 2 big names out there I hear alot are MixZing and DoubleTwist. MixZing has a expanded audio equalizer feature and DoubleTwist is very popular because it has the ability to sync with itunes and playlists. They both probably let you specify only which folders contain your music but I can't speak from experience, just trying to help you out a bit and give you another direction to try. Just search the market for them from your phone.
  3. Yep put .nomedia file in every folder that has stuff you dont want to listen to.