Android music player won't show downloaded podcasts

Last Updated:

1. trljcl

trljcl New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,
    On my HTC Legend, when I download podcasts using Listen, BeyondPod, or Dpod, the downloaded .mp3 files are not visible on the android music player widget. Nor are they visible on btunes, even if I enable the audiobooks/podcasts features on btunes and hard-set the sdfolder path to where the .mp3 files are stored. On the music widget, I do see an empty "podcasts" playlist, but if I tell it to update, I get a "force close" error. Any ideas?

thanks
    Tony

Advertisement
  2. Clocks

Clocks Well-Known Member

This happens to be on my HTC Droid Incredible.

I have not been able to find a fix.

3. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about other podcast apps, but Listen puts it in the "com.google.android.apps.listen" folder on your SD card. The files are in the downloads folder under that. They are random lettered files without extensions. That's why they do not show up in any other media player. And this entirely intentional (I personally do not want 2 hour podcasts with my music library). However they are normal MP3's. Just add .mp3 at the end. However, the listen app may not longer be able to play it since you changed the name.

Sent from an HTC Eris

4. Clocks

Clocks Well-Known Member

I started using Listen and it does work just fine.

However the issue that I myself (and I believe the OP) are talking about is copy/pasting a podcast from your PC into your phone's music directory results in the podcast not being seen by the default android music player.

For example if I copy/paste a music mp3 and a podcast mp3 into the same directory on my droid incredible when it is connected to my PC via a USB cable, when I unplug the cable the music player will see the music mp3 but not the podcast.