• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Music player

gngan

Lurker
Jun 29, 2013
Long time iDevices user switching to Android.

I have a Galaxy Note with Jelly Bean and I want to sync my music to Android. I am using Android File Transfer for my Mac and located the folder where I should drag all music in it.

Here is the questions:

1) Though iTunes correctly show the artist name and song name (Chinese characters) but my phone is showing up correctly.

2) As I am using other iDevices (iPad), therefore I would like to continue to use iTunes. Is it possible to keep using iTunes to Sync rather than drag files? This is because I will have to keep iTunes library AND drag any new songs I download.

Thanks.

Does your phone have Chinese in the language settings, and does it support Chinese characters? If so try a different media player.

It means that your Note probably doesn't have Chinese fonts?

Could be that, or the particular media player can't deal with Chinese ID3 tags correctly. I've got a Samsung phone and the default media player does show Chinese ID3 tags correctly, although this phone was bought in Hong Kong, and so I'd be rather surprised if it didn't show Chinese characters properly.

Upvote 0
I suspect that what you really need to look for is not some way to sync iTunes with an Android device, but some way to sync iTunes with a standard USB mass storage device. When you connect an Android device to a computer you can choose to access the device just like a USB flash drive/hard drive/SD card/etc; it becomes available as a regular filesystem for standard read/write. You might try searching for a way to do that.

Upvote 0
Does your phone have Chinese in the language settings, and does it support Chinese characters? If so try a different media player.

Could be that, or the particular media player can't deal with Chinese ID3 tags correctly. I've got a Samsung phone and the default media player does show Chinese ID3 tags correctly, although this phone was bought in Hong Kong, and so I'd be rather surprised if it didn't show Chinese characters properly.

Yes, it does have Chinese input and support Chinese characters. What media player do you recommend?

I suspect that what you really need to look for is not some way to sync iTunes with an Android device, but some way to sync iTunes with a standard USB mass storage device. When you connect an Android device to a computer you can choose to access the device just like a USB flash drive/hard drive/SD card/etc; it becomes available as a regular filesystem for standard read/write. You might try searching for a way to do that.

When I choose USB mass storage, there's a button that says 'Connect storage to PC' but it's already connected! I tried pressing the button and a pop up window says USB is connected. Remove the cable. Though my Mac doesn't show up any USB drive.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones