1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Android N00b with a Galaxy S2 X

1. documental

documental New Member

Hey all. How's it going?

I just got my first Android phone, after years with a Nokia E71 that finally died a slow death. The Nokia was limited but did what I needed, including syncing easily with my Mac.

Currently although I love exploring the features and apps on the S2X, I am dying from trying to figure out how to sync this thing. I have browsed the forms and tried many different downloadable apps and software. I've even paid for some, but have really had no luck with any method other than dragging and dropping files from a hard USB connection.

This works, but it's not a great solution for someone who takes a lot of pictures, and wants to manage video, music and photos on his device and Macbook.

I have spent (wasted) hours with Kies, which must be one of the worst pieces of software ever made. I can only get it to connect with Kies Air (i.e. the bloaty software I downloaded on my Mac won't recognize the S2X). And even, Kies Air, takes minutes to connect, forces me to punch in passcodes each time, then freezes my browser for a while. And once its open I honestly can't figure it out at all.

I've paid for Doubletwist and downloaded it for my Macbook and Galaxy. I managed to use it to transfer some music from iTunes, but they're all out of order on my device now. I also heard you could use DT for photos, but that hasn't worked for me yet.

I feel lost in a sea of ineffective methods and useless downloads, and am on the verge of taking the phone back and (gulp) getting an iPhone which I can't afford.

Any great advice for someone like me who is fairly computer savvy but definitely not a programmer?

Best,

Ben

Advertisement
    :
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Welcome to the forums Ben, glad to have you here :)

Sorry to hear about your syncing issues. If you are trying to directly sync from iTunes to your device might i suggest iSyncr, it syncs pretty flawlessly, just make sure to download the program on the computer too.

Otherwise feel free to also check out your device forum here: Galaxy S2X

Thanks for joining! :D:D
  3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Hi Ben,

Welcome to the community. :)
  4. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

Hello Ben. it's good to have you here at Android Forums. :thumbup:

Hopefully the links Digital Controller provided will help you out. If there's any additional questions you have, feel free to ask.

Hope you enjoy the forums! :)
  5. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Welcome to Android Forums Ben!

The links DC provided have you set up. I'm sorry to hear about your problems though. If we can do anything else for you, don't hesitate to ask. :)

DS
  6. documental

documental New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome! And apologies for posting my "technical questions" as an intro! I didn't see the note about not doing that until too late. ;)

I will definitely explore the S2X forums and try iSyncr more throroughly. Frankly with all these options, I wasn't sure what to focus on.

Feeling a bit better about my purchase today. Maybe will hold off on the iPhone! :D

Ben
  7. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

Oh the I word... Just Kidding. Welcome to the forums.