Android N00b with HTC HeroSupport

Last Updated:

1. DavidP

DavidP New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

I'm new to Android and I've just gotten my first smartphone, an HTC Hero. I'm sure I'm gonna have a few n00b questions to ask and this sounds like a good place to get answers.

First Question:

I've configured my phone to use my home WIFI hotspot, when I see this enabled can I safely assume my phone will connect via my WIFI and not via my cellphone/mobile service provider?

I ask because I have a monthly data transfer limit on my cell/mobile operator of 200MB before they start limiting my connection speed to 128/64kbps. But no limit with my broadband provider that I use to connect via my home WIFI.

Thanks

DavidP

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums, David. Congratulations on getting a new HTC Hero.

I moved your question to the Hero support area for you.

3. DavidP

Thanks Sorry if I posted in the wrong area... hopefully someone can answer my daft questions.

4. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

So long as your wifi connection is available it won't use the mobile internet.

But you should just add the HTC WiFi/Mobile Internet widgets to your homescreen. That way you're covered no matter if your wifi went down. (Plus it makes it easy to turn them both off if you don't need them at the time).

5. DavidP