• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android N9000 (i9220) Chinese Phone - Dead

Hi All,

I just rooted the Android Note N9000 (i9220) but wanted to install some custom apk in sys\app folder to change the look and feel. I was able to this at a great extent using TouchWiz apk and all looked good until i went ahead and decided to change the browser apk in the sys\app folder.

I went ahead and downloaded the browser apk from online and then renamed the old browser.apk file as browserold.apk and this is were the phone started alerting to stop some application and after that phone rebooted.

Once it rebooted it does not go beyond the "Logo" screen and it keeps flashing that so went ahead and tried few of this options but no luck,

• Recovery mode - Unfortunately i did not do any back-up and cleaned partitioned and cache but unable to do anything beyond that?
  • I do not have Custom Recovery Mod also with me so no much luck there also
  • I tried connecting to PC but the phone recognizes in Control Panel of Windows 7 but the drive is not available to install any file...
Please help!!!!! Need to get this phone back to normal asap.

Regards

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones