• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

android needs Ubertwitter!

MongolStomp

Android Enthusiast
Jan 3, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Since I've gotten my Eris this past December I haven't ceased my search for a decent twitter app.... I had peep, twitter ride as well as some others I can't remember. As of recently I've been using tweetcaster and it's fairly decent. But, there's one app I always compare the twitter apps to.. and that's ubertwitter. Any former BB users like myself used to have ubertwitter? I really can't find an app that can compare to ubertwitter, it did everything.... hmmm. I really hope ubertwitter comes to android! or if it is.. someone please tell me where and how to get it! or any suggestions on what you perceive to be the premier twitter app for our eris thanks!

i have used the stock app peep which is ok as far as it goes. I've been using the free version of Twidroid for quite awhile and haven't felt the need to change because it does everything I need it to. Paid version Twidroid will give you chance to change colors, etc., a widget and ability to download video none of which i really care about anyway. What did ubertwitter do that the rest don't?

Upvote 0
I'm actually enjoying the new version of Peep. It does quite a few things that it didn't before. It is really all I need right now. Anyone running 2.1 should take another look at it.

+1

There's only three things I miss from my blackberry... BBM, the keyboard on the curve, and UberTwitter. I've sent them a message hoping they'll expand to Android. Probably a useless effort but maybe if more people do it they'll consider it...

I miss Viigo and wish they would make a version for Android. I think it would be awesome.

Upvote 0
+1 on needing UT. Ive had my Eris for maybe 2 weeks and I seem to be missing more and more things I had on my Storm (good thing I still have it). Nightmode, Custom profiles, no possibilities of bricking it :). Guess its just an adjustment. Gonna check out peep again and also try Touiteur

I'm with everyone else on UT....was the best BB Twitter app out there. I'm now a Tweetcaster fan. Purchased the PRO version or whatever its called. Looking forward to their update which they say will have a widget. Only other thing it's missing for me is the ability to change the notification sound.

As for things you miss from your storm.....try these:

Kaloer Clock will simulate the effect of the night time mode I THINK you're referring to.

Quick Profiles takes care of the profile issue. Simply create the profile, make a shortcut on one of your screens and select which profile you want to use. The only way to shut it off though is to choose a different profile. Also, note that there is currently no way of knowing which profile you're on....so the only way to make sure you're on the one you want to use is to actually select that profile. Simple enough, and I've gotten used to it.

Upvote 0
+1

There's only three things I miss from my blackberry... BBM, the keyboard on the curve, and UberTwitter. I've sent them a message hoping they'll expand to Android. Probably a useless effort but maybe if more people do it they'll consider it...

I do love that Curve keyboard!! Even when I went to the Tour, I missed it.

And, isn't Twitter just a quick message?? How many friggin' different apps do we need to be able to do that??

Upvote 0
I've never had a BB, so I've never used UT. However, I've tried just about every Android client, and the best is easily Tweetdeck. It is, in fact, my favorite Twitter client (though, of course, it's more than that; Facebook, Google Buzz and Foursquare as well) on any platform that I have tried. It's not perfect, but give it a shot. The price surely is right.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones