Android Newbie.....Droid X or HTC?

Last Updated: 2011-04-06 07:13:36
  1. pennysgeek

pennysgeek New Member

Hi All.

Don't know if this is the appropriate place to post this but here goes. I'm completely new to the Android world. Yes, I understand it's an open platform, it's owned by Google, etc....

I'm looking to get either the Droid X or the HTC incredible and simply can't make up my mind. I LOVE the big screen on the X but I understand the HTC has the faster processor. Here is what I'm looking for:

1. Basic phone capabilities
    2. Mobile web that lets me access most sites.
    3. Tethering to both pc and mac.
    4. Unlimited internet to stream both audio and video.

I live out in the country, north central Mississippi and Verizon has the best coverage here. Already have two VZ wireless accounts as 5GB is nothing more than a joke for my wife and I. She is an artist/sculptress and we do a great deal of our sales online. We are basically on 24/7 and the overages from VZ are a killer sometimes. My thought is that we can use the unlimited through the Android phone with VZ and solve that problem.

I also do audio and video production when needed and would like to know anyone's experience doing both on either the X or HTC.

Thanks,
    Penny's Geek

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

Where did you hear that the DINC had a faster processor? The DINC sports a 1ghz snapdragon processor while the DX has a 1ghz OMAP processor. Both processors are fairly comparable and the OMAP has a somewhat better performing graphics processor.
  3. pennysgeek

pennysgeek New Member

I heard it from a friend who has the X. She has a co-worker that hat the HTC and says it's a little faster.

I've also got a question about the hotspot part of the phone. I understand that simply connection to the internet is unlimited but once you turn the phone (both the X and the HTC) into a hotspot, you are only allowed 5GB's? Is this true?
  4. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Verizon Wireless does currently offer an "unlimited" data package. Please understand, however, that it's not truly unlimited. Verizon will scrutinize your account if your data usage becomes excessive.

As for tethering, Verizon offers a tethering app at additional monthly cost. Theoretically you could root your phone, install a free tethering app, and tether at no additional charge... until Verizon catches. Since this is a violation of their terms of service, the penalty if you were caught could be severe... but then again could also be a slap on the wrist.